Saltlick man accused of sexually assaulting girl over more than 2 years
A Fayette County man was arrested on Monday on charges of sexually assaulting a girl over a 2 1⁄2-year period at various locations in Westmoreland County.
Kenneth J. Miller, 39, of 452 Back Creek Road, Saltlick was arraigned before Norvelt District Judge Roger Eckels on charges of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault and statutory sexual assault filed by state police in Greensburg.
Miller was ordered held in the Westmoreland County Prison after failing to post a $100,000 bond set by Eckels.
According to state police Trooper James McKenzie, the assaults began in Donegal Township in June 2007 and continued until 2010. The girl told police that Miller assaulted her at least once a week during the period. She told police the assaults began when she was 10 years old.
In an interview with police last week, Miller allegedly admitted to assaulting the victim, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by McKenzie.
Miller's preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. March 28 before Eckels.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Temp slowly rising in Fay-West area
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Temp slowly rising
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- ‘Change to Change Lives’ campaign under way in Connellsville
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- ‘Paint and Sip’ planned at Uniontown VFD Social Hall
- Connellsville residents left high and dry in the cold
- A Swedish invasion is coming to Uniontown