Dawson man accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl
A Fayette County man was charged last week with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
David Stewart, 48, of Dawson faces two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Stewart allegedly touched the private parts of a girl he was baby-sitting sometime last summer, state police in Belle Vernon said. He also removed her clothing for no legitimate reason, police said.
Stewart was arraigned on Wednesday by District Judge Dwight Shaner. He is lodged in the Fayette County Jail after failing to post $25,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Korean exhibit to go on display
- Uniontown Chorale Society to perform at Dawson church
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Connellsville gears up for big Christmas celebration
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Connellsville Christmas Parade will be Dec. 5
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville