Dawson man accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl
A Fayette County man was charged last week with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
David Stewart, 48, of Dawson faces two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Stewart allegedly touched the private parts of a girl he was baby-sitting sometime last summer, state police in Belle Vernon said. He also removed her clothing for no legitimate reason, police said.
Stewart was arraigned on Wednesday by District Judge Dwight Shaner. He is lodged in the Fayette County Jail after failing to post $25,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- St. Rita of Cascia Roman Catholic Church marks centennial in Connellsville
- Highlands Hospital reports strong 2014
- Flooding hits streams, basements
- Home invasion suspect from Uniontown guilty
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Local lawmakers question Wolf’s budget plan
- Carnegie Free Library plans Big Book Sale
- Laurel Highlands Ambassador Program offers insight into history of Connellsville coal, coke region
- Dawson church fundraiser to aid those in need