Dawson man accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl
A Fayette County man was charged last week with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
David Stewart, 48, of Dawson faces two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Stewart allegedly touched the private parts of a girl he was baby-sitting sometime last summer, state police in Belle Vernon said. He also removed her clothing for no legitimate reason, police said.
Stewart was arraigned on Wednesday by District Judge Dwight Shaner. He is lodged in the Fayette County Jail after failing to post $25,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Fayette County Salary Board approves hires
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Fayette County Salary Board adds jobs, OKs additional hirings
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing
- Fayette deputy warden asks for more guards
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Connellsville Area Senior High School students work on mural in East Park
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion