Dawson man accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A Fayette County man was charged last week with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
David Stewart, 48, of Dawson faces two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Stewart allegedly touched the private parts of a girl he was baby-sitting sometime last summer, state police in Belle Vernon said. He also removed her clothing for no legitimate reason, police said.
Stewart was arraigned on Wednesday by District Judge Dwight Shaner. He is lodged in the Fayette County Jail after failing to post $25,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Planning underway for Connellsville Christmas event
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Recording studio joins Connellsville community center’s growing artist enclave
- CAHS Patriots’ annual auction set for May 8
- Connellsville ministry group’s focus is on a hand up more than a hand out