Dawson man accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl
A Fayette County man was charged last week with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
David Stewart, 48, of Dawson faces two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Stewart allegedly touched the private parts of a girl he was baby-sitting sometime last summer, state police in Belle Vernon said. He also removed her clothing for no legitimate reason, police said.
Stewart was arraigned on Wednesday by District Judge Dwight Shaner. He is lodged in the Fayette County Jail after failing to post $25,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- No tax increase for Everson next year
- Uniontown programs get $900K
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Torture argument allowed in Connellsville homicide case
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Connellsville Council approves parking plans for proposed hotel
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies