Dawson VFC to meet Monday
The Dawson Volunteer Fire Company will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the fire station. All members are urged to attend. The fire company would like to remind everyone it holds bingo at 7 p.m. Tuesdays. A “fishing bash” will be held on April 6; see any firefighter for ticket information.
Dawson Borough Council will meet at 6 p.m. April 8 in the borough building, Howell Street.
Dunbar Township supervisors will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the township building.
East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its regular monthly food bank distribution from 10 a.m. to noon April 11.
Produce for the People, a monthly food distribution program held at the Fayette County fairgrounds, will be held from 10 a.m. to noon April 11. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
The Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. April 17.
Keep in mind that the Federal Income Tax deadline is April 15.
Congratulations to area residents Tiffany Gray and Rick Adobato on their recent marriage. Best wishes for many happy years together, love Beth Lynn and Barb Wilhelm.
A big thank you is in order for Shaunn Negley and patrons of Club TwoThirtyOne in Uniontown for their generous donation of winter outerwear to help area children. Your generosity is appreciated and will not be forgotten.
A belated happy birthday wish to Alberta Keedy from her great-grandson, Clayton Keedy.
A happy birthday to Vanderbilt resident Dick Henry, who will turn 40 on Tuesday and to his mother, Dorie, on Friday.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time, think spring and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville boy enjoys VFD visit; 3-year-old asks for fireman’s coat, hat
- Fayette woman charged with threatening to torch home
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Connellsville seeks ideas for using CDBG funds
- Dunbar Township resident raises concerns about Morrell project
- Buckwheat, pancake supper fundraiser tradition for Ohiopyle firefighters
- McCarthy: Highlands Hospital Auxiliary to host book sale
- Connellsville Coker museum to open this month
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Annual Perryopolis Pioneer Days returns