Connellsville officers part of special enforcement patrol on roads
Throughout the month of April, the Connellsville Police Department will be participating in Wave 1 of the Pennsylvania Aggressive Driving Enforcement.
Select police officers will patrol city roadways and highways, focusing on speeding, work-zone safety, careless driving, reckless driving, following too closely and other designated vehicle code violations.
The goal of PADE is to reduce the number of aggressive-driving-related collisions, injuries and deaths across Pennsylvania.
Violators could face costly fines along with points assigned by the Department of Transportation.
Connellsville officers are asking motorists to slow down, leave plenty of time for congested travel, be patient with other motorists and be alert for construction zones and construction workers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Connellsville posts $174K deficit
- Uniontown man charged with taking $16K from PTO
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Connellsville woman robbed at old ice rink, she says
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners