School bus sideswiped on Route 43 in Fayette
Ten juvenile passengers were aboard a school bus on Thursday morning when it was involved in a collision on Route 43.
State police did not indicate whether there were injuries to anyone on the bus, driven by Larry E. Hill of Uniontown, or the other vehicle, driven by Scott A. Patterson of New Geneva.
According to a news release, both vehicles were traveling north on Route 43 at 7:08 a.m. when Patterson attempted to pass the school bus, which was traveling in the right-hand lane.
Police said as Patterson was passing, Hill attempted to change lanes and sideswiped Patterson's vehicle, which police didn't describe.
Police said Hill pulled the bus into an emergency median area. After losing control and spinning, Patterson's vehicle came to rest in the median.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Connellsville church collects goods, money for the needy
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Connellsville Housing Authority properties to get upgrades
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Improvements sought for Dickerson Run Park in Liberty
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- Detours in place for work on routes 51, 30, 2027
- Lynn: Dawson VFC to hold Easter egg hunt