Deadline approaching for questions for candidates forum
The Daily Courier will accept possible questions for its upcoming candidates forum for city mayor and council until April 8. Candidates who filed petitions with the Fayette County Election Bureau and are seeking the nomination for Connellsville mayor and city council have been invited to a candidates forum being sponsored by the Daily Courier (Trib Total Media).
The forum will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 22 in the auditorium of the Carnegie Free Library. The public is encouraged to attend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Crews called to possible drowning in Perry Township
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Young Connellsville maestro composes, conducts
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Fayette man challenges charges filed by Connellsville police officer, now under indictment
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Connellsville Area Senior High School students work on mural in East Park
- Fayette County area graduates gather for Golden Reunion
- Lineup set for Lions Club’s annual Kids Fest in Connellsville
- Brownsville Boy Scouts make sure vets are not forgotten