Dawson fire company to hold gun bash
The Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. is currently selling tickets to a gun bash to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. May 18. Tickets are just $15 each. Contact any firefighter for tickets or stop by the Tuesday night Bingos.
The Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is currently selling tickets for a gun bash to be held on June 8. Tickets are $20. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
Monarch Volunteer Fire Department is now selling tickets for a gun bash to be held from 3 to 7 p.m. May 4. Tickets are $10; each ticket has two numbers. Please see any Monarch firefighter for tickets.
Area food distribution dates and times are:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food distribution from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday.
• Produce for the People, a food distribution program, will hold its monthly food distribution from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Kindly remember to bring a box, crate, or bin to carry your items home. If visiting Produce for the People, a wheeled cart or wagon may be used.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its regular monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. April 17. Please remember to bring a box or basket with you to carry your food home.
The Lower Tyrone Men will meet for breakfast at 9 a.m. April 27 at Miedel's Restaurant in Connellsville. There will be a viewing of a picture DVD which was put together from pictures gathered the past three years of the Dawson-Lower Tyrone area. The group said it is an interesting collection and is planning to present it at the Dawson Days for sale to benefit the Honor Roll Committee.
The committee to erect the Dawson/Lower Tyrone Korea/Vietnam/Cold War era Honor Roll met to finalize the accumulated names and commission the bronze plaque to be cast. The committee wishes to thank everyone who has supported this effort through donations, research, mile of pennies, ticket sales and even words of encouragement and support. It is hoping businesses and supporters will help put together a fantastic dedication booklet to accompany a celebration of the monument's installation on Aug. 31. Advertising space is being sold at this time by members of the committee. Ads are available for sponsor or memorial lines to quarter, half and full page. Information about the program book is available from any committee member or by calling 724-529-7298 or 724-529-2368. Donations are still being accepted to help finish this project.
The Connellsville Community Center will hold its next craft vendor / flea market on April 20. Setup time is 7 a.m. Start time is 8 a.m. and will run until 1 p.m. Spaces are $10 per space, $3 per table if you need a table and $3 if you require electricity. To reserve your space, call Lori at 724-626-0300.
April is National Autism Awareness Month. Today, one in every 80 babies born will be affected by some disorder on the autism spectrum. Please learn the symptoms. Delays in developmental milestones — a child who seems to want to be left alone, a child who seems to be “in their own little world,” delays in talking, appearing to be antisocial, etc. — these can all be symptoms of autism. Make sure that you keep all scheduled appointments with your child's pediatrician, and strongly voice any concerns that you might have about your child's development, especially their social development. The sooner that autism is diagnosed, the sooner therapy can begin. Be proactive. Stay alert. Oftentimes a child that is considered to be a “little slow,” bashful or backwards may have some form of this disorder.
A belated wish for a happy birthday goes out to Angelina Brady of Vanderbilt, who turned 13 on March 31. Love from your family and friends.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time friends, have a fantastic week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park