Facebook postings lead to rape charges for Cambria County man, child porn charges for Fayette man
Messages on a 12-year-old girl's Facebook page initiated an investigation that resulted in rape charges against a Cambria County man and child pornography charges against a Fayette County man, according to a criminal complaint.
Jimmie “Bud” Charles Rivero, 31, of Daisytown is charged by state police with two counts each of rape, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual assault with a child, aggravated indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor, indecent assault and corruption of minors.
In a criminal complaint, Trooper Nathaniel Lieberum of state police at Uniontown said Rivero had sexual intercourse with the girl twice at a Springfield Township residence sometime between July and September 2012.
The girl's mother learned of the alleged assaults when she opened her daughter's Facebook page in December and discovered the girl had sent nude photos of herself to another man, Shaun Milton Lake of Mill Run.
The girl sent the photos at Lake's request, according to the complaint, and included sexually explicit messages in which she indicated she had “lost her virginity” to Rivero.
Rivero denied the allegations to police and volunteered to take a polygraph test, but instead left for Louisiana and failed to appear for the test, according to the complaint.
Rivero was arraigned on Thursday before South Union District Judge Joseph George and placed in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $100,000 bond.
Lake, 34, is charged with child pornography, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is free on $10,000 bond.
Both men are to appear before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. on May 16 for preliminary hearings.
Liz Zemba is a reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-601-2166 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ailing youngster has wish fulfilled in day with Masontown K-9 officer
- Air conditioner replaced at Fayette County’s jail annex
- Fayeette man’s statements admissable at trial in death of toddler daughter, judge rules
- Hopwood bank robbery suspect agrees to tentative plea bargain
- Protection-from-abuse orders public again in Fayette
- Man to serve prison sentence for Fayette County rock attack
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Connellsville area poverty simulation opens people’s eyes
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- 3 men to stand trial over runaway Latrobe foster children
- Connellsville Health Board airs ordinance issues