Arrest made in Connellsville convenience store robbery
A Connellsville man was placed behind bars for a convenience store robbery this week.
Todd Alan Swink, 24, of 403 E. Green St. was charged with robbery, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and drug offenses in District Judge Joseph George Jr.'s office.
At 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, he allegedly entered the South Side Grocer and walked around the store for several minutes before approaching the cashier and demanding money. Police reported that Swink put his hand in his coat pocket but did not show a weapon.
The employee gave him money from the register, and Swink fled on foot, police said.
Police determined Swink was the robber after viewing video surveillance from the store; they apprehended him a short time later.
He was lodged in the Fayette County Prison with bail set at $50,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 9 a.m. April 11 in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- ‘Willy Wonka Jr.’ is Conn-Area Catholic School’s 10th annual musical