Arrest made in Connellsville convenience store robbery
A Connellsville man was placed behind bars for a convenience store robbery this week.
Todd Alan Swink, 24, of 403 E. Green St. was charged with robbery, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and drug offenses in District Judge Joseph George Jr.'s office.
At 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, he allegedly entered the South Side Grocer and walked around the store for several minutes before approaching the cashier and demanding money. Police reported that Swink put his hand in his coat pocket but did not show a weapon.
The employee gave him money from the register, and Swink fled on foot, police said.
Police determined Swink was the robber after viewing video surveillance from the store; they apprehended him a short time later.
He was lodged in the Fayette County Prison with bail set at $50,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 9 a.m. April 11 in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- National veterans charity to receive funds raised in Connellsville pageant
- Connellsville gets spring scouring
- Champion Christian School students to present biblical-based musical
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- FRIENDS of Carnegie Free Library of Connellsville seeks members
- Connellsville-region grads to converge for Golden Reunion
- 3 oppose incumbent GOP Fayette commissioner
- Residents urged to volunteer in effort to scour Connellsville