Arrest made in Connellsville convenience store robbery
A Connellsville man was placed behind bars for a convenience store robbery this week.
Todd Alan Swink, 24, of 403 E. Green St. was charged with robbery, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and drug offenses in District Judge Joseph George Jr.'s office.
At 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, he allegedly entered the South Side Grocer and walked around the store for several minutes before approaching the cashier and demanding money. Police reported that Swink put his hand in his coat pocket but did not show a weapon.
The employee gave him money from the register, and Swink fled on foot, police said.
Police determined Swink was the robber after viewing video surveillance from the store; they apprehended him a short time later.
He was lodged in the Fayette County Prison with bail set at $50,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 9 a.m. April 11 in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- Lost bear hunter from Westmoreland County located
- Organizations benefit from grants
- Fayette twins injured as newborns expected to be adopted by foster mother
- Owner challenges vacant designation in Connellsville
- CASD’s Mustache Club lends hand
- Conn-Area to stage ‘Beauty and the Beast Jr.’
- Depleted Connellsville food bank in need of supplies
- Donations keep Connellsville Area Community Ministries food bank afloat
- Seven Springs fights lawsuit calling to keep Neals Run Road open in winter
- Cost-cutting move upsets students in Frazier School District