Uniontown man convicted in indecent assault
A Uniontown man was convicted of indecent assault on Thursday following a jury trial.
A jury returned the guilty verdict against David DeWayne Walters, 34, in a trial before Senior Judge Gerald Solomon.
The victim, now 16, testified she was 10 years old when Walters touched her inappropriately at a South Union residence. The girl testified that Walters also forced her to fondle him.
Walters testified the accusations were false.
Sentencing is set for April 11 before Solomon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Fayette jail foes want county to be stricken as intervenor in case
- Fayette Friends of Animals volunteer uses talent to help get her shelter animals adopted
- Connellsville Health Board airs ordinance issues
- Man held for trial in dragging of Redstone cop
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire
- Uniontown law firm gives up row office appointment amid ethics questions
- Breakneck Church to hold flea market, bake sale
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Belle Vernon man accused of providing cocaine to teens