Uniontown man convicted in indecent assault
A Uniontown man was convicted of indecent assault on Thursday following a jury trial.
A jury returned the guilty verdict against David DeWayne Walters, 34, in a trial before Senior Judge Gerald Solomon.
The victim, now 16, testified she was 10 years old when Walters touched her inappropriately at a South Union residence. The girl testified that Walters also forced her to fondle him.
Walters testified the accusations were false.
Sentencing is set for April 11 before Solomon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette Children and Youth Services to expand offices
- Belle Vernon Eagle Scout project draws praise
- Mother of Fayette County killer wants to testify in closed courtroom
- Woman threatened with knife at ATM in Uniontown
- Fayette Relay for Life moves to Uniontown church
- Dawson Grange Community Fair stands out by staying free to attend
- Acme teen excited to experience fair as queen
- Ceremony, parade mark start of 61st annual Fayette County Fair
- Fayette County’s head detective named chief adult probation officer
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- Connellsville diners can again ‘Savor the Avenue’