Deadline approaching for questions for candidates forum
The Daily Courier will accept possible questions for its upcoming candidates forum for Connellsville mayor and council until Monday.
Candidates who filed petitions with the Fayette County Election Bureau and are seeking the nominations for mayor and city council in the May 21 primary have been invited to the forum being sponsored by the Daily Courier (Trib Total Media).
The forum will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 22 in the auditorium of the Carnegie Free Library. The public is encouraged to attend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fayette jail foes want county to be stricken as intervenor in case
- Man held for trial in dragging of Redstone cop
- Breakneck Church to hold flea market, bake sale
- Sirochman: Fayette genealogy workshop planned for Wednesday
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire
- Contest seeks Fayette student entries to name road to jail
- Warrant issued for Mich. man in Nemacolin scam
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- Squirrel causes power outage on South Side Connellsville
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance