63-year-old man killed in two-vehicle accident in Bullskin
An Export man died from injuries suffered in a two-vehicle collision on Thursday at an intersection in Bullskin Township.
Darrell B. Bonomo, 63, of Export was pronounced dead at the scene by Fayette County Deputy Coroner Jessie Camilli at 5:05 p.m.
Bonomo was driving a 1991 Chrysler Imperial when it collided with the 2009 Ford F-150 driven by Daniel L. Evans, 56, of Chalkhill at the intersection of Route 119 at Crossroads Road at approximately 4 p.m.
Evans was transported by Fayette EMS to Uniontown Hospital for treatment of a minor injury.
Bonomo and Evans were the only occupants of their vehicles.
Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn said the accident appeared to be a side-impact collision.
Both vehicles sustained severe damage and had to be transported away from the scene by Smith's Towing.
State police at Uniontown are currently investigating the cause of the impact and are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call the barracks at 724-439-7111.
Police said the accident report currently remains open.
Traffic along Route 119 was diverted around the crash while the wreckage was cleared. Everson VFD assisted at the scene.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Connellsville Area Career and Technical Center students to attend post-secondary schools
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority receives $47,000 in partnership program grant funds
- Masontown woman charged with leaving infant in hot vehicle
- Henry: Family fun, fireworks this weekend in Connellsville
- Masontown woman seeks probationary program in theft case
- Librarian chronicles history of Fayette County executions
- Uniontown natives’ charity honors friend wounded in Afghanistan
- River crossing washed out, but Connellsville festival draws crowd
- Scott C’s July 4 Car Show planned in Connellsville