63-year-old man killed in two-vehicle accident in Bullskin
An Export man died from injuries suffered in a two-vehicle collision on Thursday at an intersection in Bullskin Township.
Darrell B. Bonomo, 63, of Export was pronounced dead at the scene by Fayette County Deputy Coroner Jessie Camilli at 5:05 p.m.
Bonomo was driving a 1991 Chrysler Imperial when it collided with the 2009 Ford F-150 driven by Daniel L. Evans, 56, of Chalkhill at the intersection of Route 119 at Crossroads Road at approximately 4 p.m.
Evans was transported by Fayette EMS to Uniontown Hospital for treatment of a minor injury.
Bonomo and Evans were the only occupants of their vehicles.
Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn said the accident appeared to be a side-impact collision.
Both vehicles sustained severe damage and had to be transported away from the scene by Smith's Towing.
State police at Uniontown are currently investigating the cause of the impact and are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call the barracks at 724-439-7111.
Police said the accident report currently remains open.
Traffic along Route 119 was diverted around the crash while the wreckage was cleared. Everson VFD assisted at the scene.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
- Fayette attorney wants defense counsel disqualified
- Old bricks get new purpose, Connellsville gets paved street
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
- Connellsville’s Stage Door Canteen Room to host lectures, shows
- Charges added against Uniontown man in case involving dog shooting
- Export man must register as sex offender
- Volunteer firefighters hard to find in Mt. Pleasant, Scottdale
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority director touts revitalization
- Insurer asks judge to decide payment from fatal South Union accident
- Fayette communities come together on forming land bank