Dawson woman faces fraud, theft charges
A Dawson woman is charged with stealing her ex-boyfriend's wallet and using his debit card.
Raven Lee Sohonage, 31, of 439 School Road, was charged with access device fraud, theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property before District Judge Dwight Shaner.
Police said the charges stem from an incident along Mill Street in Vanderbilt during which Sohonage visited her ex-boyfriend, Max Grant Burnsworth, on March 18. Burnsworth told police he could smell alcohol on Sohonage, and he let her sleep in the bedroom while he slept on the couch. When he awoke the next morning to go to work, he discovered Sohonage had left his residence and that his wallet was missing, he told police.
The wallet contained his identification card, Social Security card, a debit bank card and a business gas card, police said.
The next day, Burnsworth reported that someone used his debit card at an ATM in Perryopolis, and $203 was removed from his account.
State police at Uniontown obtained the security footage from the ATM and showed photos of a woman wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, jeans and gym shoes to both Burnsworth and his mother.
Both confirmed the woman in the photos was Sohonage.
Police interviewed Sohonage on March 27. She said she was at Burnsworth's that night and picked up his cell phone to see he received a text message from another woman, which led to an argument between the two.
She told police she left Burnsworth's residence and had the debit card in her possession. She knew the PIN because she has used the card in the past, she told police, and withdrew $200 to pay for a bed.
She said she attempted to contact Burnsworth several times, but he did not return her phone calls. She said she then placed the card in an envelope and placed it at the door of Burnsworth's residence.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled at 10:15 a.m. May 14 before Shaner.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Warrant issued for Mich. man in Nemacolin scam
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- Fayette fair queen, princess are crowned
- Longtime Fayette County Fair volunteer Herring honored as ‘ambassador’
- Uniontown law firm gives up row office appointment amid ethics questions
- Connellsville man held for court in robbery at Gibson Terrace
- Fayette County prothonotary’s bid to block access to abuse orders in dispute
- Appeal filed in death of special needs child in Fayette
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend in back
- Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
- Calvary United Methodist Church to hold 7th annual Gospel Sing