Fayette County arsonist sentenced to prison
A former Everson man convicted of arson in March was sentenced Monday to serve a maximum of two years in a state prison.
Jeffrey Allen Michael Blystone, 20, of Connellsville was found guilty of arson and reckless burning following a trial in Fayette County Common Pleas Court.
State police said Blystone handed a disposable lighter to a juvenile who set a pile of garbage on fire at 231 Morrell Road on April 18, 2011.
The vacant, two-story structure was destroyed.
Senior Judge Ralph Warman Monday sentenced Blystone to a sentence of one to two years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Connellsville police seeking 3 men in armed robbery
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence