Fayette County arsonist sentenced to prison
A former Everson man convicted of arson in March was sentenced Monday to serve a maximum of two years in a state prison.
Jeffrey Allen Michael Blystone, 20, of Connellsville was found guilty of arson and reckless burning following a trial in Fayette County Common Pleas Court.
State police said Blystone handed a disposable lighter to a juvenile who set a pile of garbage on fire at 231 Morrell Road on April 18, 2011.
The vacant, two-story structure was destroyed.
Senior Judge Ralph Warman Monday sentenced Blystone to a sentence of one to two years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Redstone police sergeant put on unpaid leave in domestic dispute
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Fayette County communities proceed with proposed land bank to fight blight
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- 30 days to decide fate of WCVI