Fayette County arsonist sentenced to prison
A former Everson man convicted of arson in March was sentenced Monday to serve a maximum of two years in a state prison.
Jeffrey Allen Michael Blystone, 20, of Connellsville was found guilty of arson and reckless burning following a trial in Fayette County Common Pleas Court.
State police said Blystone handed a disposable lighter to a juvenile who set a pile of garbage on fire at 231 Morrell Road on April 18, 2011.
The vacant, two-story structure was destroyed.
Senior Judge Ralph Warman Monday sentenced Blystone to a sentence of one to two years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville council told Highlands Hospital has prevention plan for Ebola
- Burglars take $200 from Clark Elementary School
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Halloween fun fills Connellsville community center
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- Springfield students collect hygiene items
- Sewage plans for hotel, Sheetz OK’d by Connellsville council
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying