Fayette County arsonist sentenced to prison
A former Everson man convicted of arson in March was sentenced Monday to serve a maximum of two years in a state prison.
Jeffrey Allen Michael Blystone, 20, of Connellsville was found guilty of arson and reckless burning following a trial in Fayette County Common Pleas Court.
State police said Blystone handed a disposable lighter to a juvenile who set a pile of garbage on fire at 231 Morrell Road on April 18, 2011.
The vacant, two-story structure was destroyed.
Senior Judge Ralph Warman Monday sentenced Blystone to a sentence of one to two years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville fireworks display gets change of site
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Pam Porterfield: Church events, family reunions, benefits abound in Fayette County
- Investigation into dropped baby at Uniontown Hospital continues
- Uniontown man gets 15-30 years for raping 2 girls
- Boy, 5, in stable condition after fall from window in Fayette County
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Scott C’s July 4 Car Show planned in Connellsville
- Wolf veto rankles Fay-West GOP
- Action sought on medical marijuana by Connellsville couple
- Connellsville Area Community Ministries volunteer program gets new leader