Upper Tyrone hopes to fill auditor position
Upper Tyrone Township supervisors are hoping to have the vacant auditor position filled soon.
On Tuesday, supervisors passed a motion to petition the court to appoint an auditor for the remainder of 2013.
According to the township ordinance, if the township supervisors or a township vacancy board fails to appoint an individual within 30 days, the position must be filled by the courts.
Supervisor Bill Edwards said only Dan Friend showed interest in the position.
He said that while it's not a sure thing that Friend will be tapped to fill the position, supervisors are hoping to recommend him to the courts.
In other business, spring clean-up days have been set for May 10 through May 18. The hours will be posted, along with items that are restricted.
Some of those restrictions will include paint cans, appliances with Freon, electronics that include televisions and computers and tires.
Edwards said that with the help of some high school students, the township will be partnering with Clean Ways to clean up two sites along Broadford Road.
Edwards said some progress is being made regarding a sewage project that the township sewage authority has been trying to get under way for a few years, but “it's going to be quite awhile” before they get to the point of any kind of construction or line installation.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Porterfield: Fish dinner benefits Normalville Fire auxiliary
- Former Connellsville councilman’s foresight led to happier trails
- Connellsville boasts connections to Hollywood, history-making athletes
- Connellsville Area Community Ministries surpasses Sharing The Harvest Campaign goal
- Connellsville area’s secular, parochial schools push students to excel academically, technologically, leaders say
- Food drive in Fayette County helps to fill Easter baskets
- Fayette County students take on Williams Fluid Power Challenge
- Uniontown school security guard charged with assaulting student
- Connellsville center to host Eggstravaganza