Dawson Cleanup Days announced
Dawson Cleanup Days will be May 1 to 4. Burning is permitted during this period, but only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Please do not burn rubber, plastics or any toxic materials, and please don't leave fires unattended.
Volunteers are needed to help clean up the streets in the borough. Garbage bags and gloves will be available at the borough building. Bags can be placed alongside the borough building for pickup. Please do not place personal trash at the borough building for pickup.
Attention Frazier School District families: Kindergarten registration will be held in the Frazier School District on Tuesday.
If you are male and born or lived in Lower Tyrone Township (Pennsylvania), mark your calendar for 9 a.m. Saturday. A meeting will take place at Miedel's in Connellsville for the biannual meeting. In addition to a great breakfast that Saturday, talking about old times and checking out pictures, the group will discuss a project that will help the Honor Roll Committee in Dawson. If you attend, you will probably know all of the attendees at the meeting.
Have you made your plans for summer yet? Have you planned to include a visit to the Tri-Town area? The annual Tri-Town Historical Society's homecoming event will take place in the beautiful little town of Dawson during the weekend of June 1 and 2. Please watch this column for updates on activities scheduled for that weekend.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. is selling tickets to a gun bash to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. May 18. Tickets are just $15 each. Contact any firefighter for tickets or stop by Tuesday night bingo.
The Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is selling tickets for a gun bash to be held on June 8. Tickets are $20. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
Monarch Volunteer Fire Department is now selling tickets for a gun bash to be held from 3 to 7 p.m. May 4. Tickets are $10 and each ticket has two numbers. Please see any Monarch firefighter for tickets.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, Pa. 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time friends, have a fantastic week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Ex-turnpike worker gets 16 years in child porn case
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam