Bullskin receives good, clean audit
Bullskin supervisors received a good audit report at their regular meeting this week.
Teresa Shanta, CPA with Shanta Business Services, Greensburg, said the township office staff was able to provide her with everything she needed to conduct the audit.
“I would like to commend the supervisors on their stewardship concerning fiscal matters in the township,” she said. “The fund balance increased by approximately $154,000 and the township is not in any debt. You guys are to be commended.”
Shanta added that all of the financial statements were presented fairly and the township was given a clean audit.
Supervisors reminded residents that spring cleanup is scheduled for May 6 through 10. Residents should have their garbage out the week before to give pickers the opportunity to take what they want before the garbage is collected.
The Fayette County Fairgrounds will be hosting a hard-to-recycle event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18.
Bids were opened for the various materials the township will use for road repairs this summer. Lone bidder Hanson Aggregates was awarded the bid for stone. Golden Eagle was awarded the bid for cold patch at a cost of $70 per ton.
Tax collector Lou Bell reminded residents that April 30 is the deadline to pay real estate taxes and still receive the 2 percent discount.
Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Department will hold a hoagie sale on May 4, food sale on May 11 and cash bash on June 15. A National Day of Prayer service will be held 7 p.m. May 2 at the fire hall on Keefer Road.
The department will host a meet-and-greet from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the fire hall for all of the township's May 21 primary election candidates, including supervisor, auditor and tax collector.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Appeal filed in death of special needs child in Fayette
- Fayette County Fair celebrates 60th anniversary
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend in back
- Old bricks get new purpose, Connellsville gets paved street
- ‘Hairspray’ coming to Uniontown theater
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
- Export man must register as sex offender
- Connellsville lecture on Saturday to focus on rejected human-rights ordinance
- ‘Hairspray’ coming to State Theatre in Uniontown
- Litigants against Fayette jail look to join forces