Monarch VFD plans gun bash
Monarch Volunteer Fire Department members are selling tickets for a gun bash to be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $10 and each ticket has two numbers.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. May 6. All members are urged to attend.
Dawson Clean-up Days will be held Wednesday through Saturday. Burning is permitted during this period, but only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Please do not burn rubber, plastics or any toxic materials, and please don't leave fires unattended. Volunteers are needed to help clean up the streets in the borough. Garbage bags and gloves will be available at the Borough Building. Bags can be placed along side the Borough Building for pick-up. Please do not place personal trash at the borough building for pick-up.
The Dawson VFC is currently selling tickets to a gun bash to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. May 18. Tickets are just $15 each. Contact any firefighter for tickets or stop by Tuesday night bingo.
The Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is currently selling tickets for a gun bash to be held om June 8. Tickets are $20. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
Plans are currently under way for the annual Tri-Town Historical Society's annual homecoming event to be held the first weekend in June. Please watch this column for updates.
Food and clothes are free every Saturday at 11 a.m. at Spirit & Fire Ministries, Uniontown; text 724-557-8751 for more information.
Mark your calendars. Food bank dates for the month of May are:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon May 9.
• Produce for the People, a food distribution program, will be held from 10 a.m. until noon May 9 at the Fayette County Fairgrounds. Registration for this event begins at 8:30 a.m. To register, please bring a photo ID and proof of address. Produce for the People distributes approximately 60 to 70 pounds of food per family each month. It is a good idea to take a wheeled cart or wagon with you to pick up your items.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. May 15.
Mother's Day is May 12. Please plan to remember the woman who gave you love and life on that day.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time friends, have a fantastic week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Uniontown fugitive wanted in shooting captured
- The Clarks go back to their roots with new album ‘Rewind’
- Troopers plan checkpoints on Fayette County roads
- Operator should have waited after ATV, train collision, Perry Township chief contends
- Dunbar Twp. man, 82, accused of trying to rape home health aide may get probation
- Hiring of 8 full-time prison guards in Fayette County OK’d
- Merit Manor sewer line still a concern
- Frazier School District mulls $1.5M loan
- Repairs on Adelaide Road set to begin
- Fayette County fugitive sighting leads to chase in Morgantown, W.Va.
- Porterfield: Normalville firefighters to sell hoagies