Monarch VFD plans gun bash
Monarch Volunteer Fire Department members are selling tickets for a gun bash to be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $10 and each ticket has two numbers.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. May 6. All members are urged to attend.
Dawson Clean-up Days will be held Wednesday through Saturday. Burning is permitted during this period, but only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Please do not burn rubber, plastics or any toxic materials, and please don't leave fires unattended. Volunteers are needed to help clean up the streets in the borough. Garbage bags and gloves will be available at the Borough Building. Bags can be placed along side the Borough Building for pick-up. Please do not place personal trash at the borough building for pick-up.
The Dawson VFC is currently selling tickets to a gun bash to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. May 18. Tickets are just $15 each. Contact any firefighter for tickets or stop by Tuesday night bingo.
The Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is currently selling tickets for a gun bash to be held om June 8. Tickets are $20. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
Plans are currently under way for the annual Tri-Town Historical Society's annual homecoming event to be held the first weekend in June. Please watch this column for updates.
Food and clothes are free every Saturday at 11 a.m. at Spirit & Fire Ministries, Uniontown; text 724-557-8751 for more information.
Mark your calendars. Food bank dates for the month of May are:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon May 9.
• Produce for the People, a food distribution program, will be held from 10 a.m. until noon May 9 at the Fayette County Fairgrounds. Registration for this event begins at 8:30 a.m. To register, please bring a photo ID and proof of address. Produce for the People distributes approximately 60 to 70 pounds of food per family each month. It is a good idea to take a wheeled cart or wagon with you to pick up your items.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. May 15.
Mother's Day is May 12. Please plan to remember the woman who gave you love and life on that day.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time friends, have a fantastic week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Fayette County commissioners blame shortfall on faulty estimates
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Uniontown man also charged in Connellsville burglary
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail