Dunbar man charged with assault; hearing set
A Fayette County man has been charged with assault because he allegedly fought and forced three men from his Dunbar Borough property.
Dunbar Borough police responded to an assault call from Chris Hamborsky along Fayette Street at 8:51 p.m. March 26.
Hamborsky told police he and his girlfriend were involved in an argument, and she took their baby to her parents' residence to baby-sit while she went to work.
The girlfriend's father, Keith Wayne Basinger, 54, of 134 Seton Hill Road then arrived at the residence he owns, ran inside screaming for Hamborsky and Hamborsky's friend and cousin to get out, according to the criminal complaint.
Basinger then physically assaulted the three men and forced them out of the residence, police said.
Hamborsky told police that he was punched in the face several times, grabbed by the shirt and eventually thrown off the porch.
Basinger screamed at Hamborsky, “If you come back here, I'll kill you,” according to the complaint.
Eventually Hamborsky was able to get away and drove to his parents' house, where he called 911.
When police asked why Hamborsky didn't call 911 while the incident was happening, he responded, “It happened so fast. Keith kept coming at us. We were all scared and just wanted to get away from him and leave.”
Police reported Hamborsky had muddy clothing, a swollen lip, red marks on or near his throat area and a bloody nose.
A preliminary hearing was scheduled for 10 a.m. May 28 before District Judge Dwight Shaner.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville native, puppeteer makes it to semifinals of ‘America’s Got Talent’
- 4 projects suggested for block grant funding in Connellsville
- Barn fire no obstacle to opening of farm store near Dawson
- New Fayette County assistant DA named
- Fayette carnival worker ordered to trial for attempted homicide, other charges
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- Connellsville Area High School’s marching band to play national anthem at PNC Park
- Dunbar authority to sign railroad accord