4 charged in N.C. slaying of Uniontown Guardsman
Police in Fayetteville, N.C., have charged four men in the murder of a Uniontown National Guardsman who was shot when a robbery erupted during a party.
Two suspects are in custody in the slaying of Spc. Danny Ray McFadden Sr., 28, who was serving at Fort Bragg, police said. Warrants have been issued for two alleged accomplices.
Anthony Dwayne Hair, 25, and Thomas Wayne Carley, 24, are being held without bond in McFadden's shooting, which occurred during a house party on Westhill Drive in a residential neighborhood about 3 a.m. Monday, according to Lt. Todd Joyce of Fayetteville police.
There were about 15 people at the party when three men pulled out weapons and robbed the rest, according to police. Additional details have not been released. Another man who was shot at the party survived, the Fayetteville Observer reported.
Hair and Carley are charged with first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon and robbery with a dangerous weapon, police said.
Carley surrendered to police on Friday afternoon. Police apprehended Hair on Thursday.
Warrants have been issued for Darrick Lynn Grissom and Antonio Terrell Johnson, both 24 and of Fayetteville, Joyce said.
McFadden, who attended Uniontown Area Senior High School, was a member of the Florida National Guard serving on active duty with the HHB 2nd Battalion 116th Field Artillery out of Lakeland, Fla., at Fort Bragg.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and unit members of Spec. Danny McFadden,” said the Facebook page of Bravo Bulldogs WTB on base. “Our hearts hurt from this loss. Rest in Peace, Danny. You will be missed by many and we will never forget you.”
Another post said he was “a genuine young man.”
McFadden was born on Aug. 2, 1984, in Uniontown. Funeral arrangements will be announced by the Dearth Funeral Home in New Salem.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Engine roar lures fans to Fayette County Fair Demolition Derby
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- 2 dead in Bullskin crash
- Barn fire no obstacle to opening of farm store near Dawson
- Record golf ball collection drives Connellsville native
- Police: Former Fayette attorney who took drugs to jailed client apparently overdosed
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Fire heavily damages Connellsville home
- Agriculture chief touts local products in Fayette County visit
- Fayette County firefighters group elects new president
- Pair of suspects sought in South Union robbery