2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
By Daily Courier
Published: Monday, April 29, 2013, 10:03 p.m.
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Recording studio joins Connellsville community center’s growing artist enclave
- No date set for closing on proposed hotel property in Connellsville
- Planning underway for Connellsville Christmas event
- Cause of Republic blaze under investigation