2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Geibel student gets peek at life at Harvard Medical School