2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Connellsville zoning board approves variances
- Connellsville police investigating vandalism incidents
- Thanksgiving to bring cool temps; snow a possibility
- Connellsville’s $3.1M tentative budget includes tax hike
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail
- Ex-turnpike worker gets 16 years in child porn case
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer