2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident
- Fayette man challenges charges filed by Connellsville police officer, now under indictment
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Fayette County area graduates gather for Golden Reunion
- Vietnam vets from Fayette recall service — and those who didn’t make it home
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- Connellsville building owner uses graffiti to point out unsightly demolition debris
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence
- Dunbar Township MedExpress plans open house for Tuesday
- Graffiti points to rubble
- Connellsville WWII veteran recalls close calls as a bomber navigator