2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- Fayette Friends of Animals volunteer uses talent to help get her shelter animals adopted
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Connellsville area poverty simulation opens people’s eyes
- Connellsville considers axing paid firefighters
- 3 men to stand trial over runaway Latrobe foster children