2 men stabbed in Dunbar Township field
State police at Uniontown are seeking the person responsible for a stabbing that occurred early Saturday morning at a field in Dunbar Township.
Police said a party was being held in a field off Gettamy Road just after midnight. There were 40 to 50 people in attendance.
Travis Burnsworth and Cody Burnsworth, both of Dunbar, arrived on ATVs and joined in the party, police said.
According to police, Cody Burnsworth became involved in a verbal altercation with someone who allegedly struck a female.
Police said a fight started and Cody Burnsworth was stabbed once in the chest area.
A fight then ensured between Travis Burnsworth and the other man, who then stabbed Travis Burnsworth in the stomach area several times.
After the stabbings, police said, the man fled the area when someone at the party fired a gun into the woods.
The conditions of Travis and Cody Burnsworth were not available.
Police ask anyone who witnessed the fight and stabbing to contact them at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apple Dumpling Festival planned at Connellsville Presbyterian Church
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Uniontown man to stand trial on drug, gun charges
- ‘Zombieville’ rises again for Connellsville 5K race
- Fayette County Prison Board to meet in closed session
- Tyrone Presbyterian Church plans calendar party at community center
- Fayette County officials respond to complaints about jail
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- Seven Springs ski patrol director honored
- Pioneer Days a celebration of Perryopolis past