Fayette Fair receives final grant installment
The final installment of a $450,000 grant to pay for improvements to the grounds of the Fayette County Fair was recently awarded.
State Rep. Peter J. Daley II, D-Fayette/Washington, said the grant was awarded to the Fayette County Redevelopment Authority for improvements at the Fayette County Fairgrounds.
“The fairgrounds is truly a gem in our midst, and the grants have been invaluable in improving facilities at the site,” Daley said. “I've been working with the Fayette County Fair Board, the redevelopment authority and local officials to secure the funding for seven years, but the money and the resulting improvements have been well worth the effort, and I thank everyone involved.”
Daley said the final $50,000 installment is from the state's Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program, which is administered by the governor's Office of the Budget for the acquisition and construction of regional economic, cultural, civic and historical improvement projects.
The grant will pay for the roof that was installed over the Chevron Outdoor Arena to protect patrons from inclement weather as well as the construction of a facility allowing reporters and announcers to view and report on events in the outdoor arena.
“Obviously, we feel it has definitely added to the facility of the fair,” said Bill Jackson, the president of the fair board. “We're extremely happy we received the grant in the first place and it's nice to get the final installment.”
Jackson said he's thankful for Daley's work in being able to acquire the final installment of the grant.
Daley said the Fayette County Fair ranks as one of the largest fairs in Pennsylvania.
“The fair attracts 100,000 people every summer and is a staple summer event in southwestern Pennsylvania,” Daley said.
The 2013 Fayette County Fair will take place from Thursday, July 25, to Saturday, Aug. 3.
Information about this year's fair will be available online at www.fayettefair.com
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- Engine roar lures fans to Fayette County Fair Demolition Derby
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Barn fire no obstacle to opening of farm store near Dawson
- Fayette County firefighters group elects new president
- Record golf ball collection drives Connellsville native
- Pilgrims ready to return to Mt. St. Macrina
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- 2 dead in Bullskin crash
- Fire heavily damages Connellsville home
- Connellsville garden club planting milkweed to revitalize monarch butterflies