Flea market, bake sale Saturday to benefit Flatwoods VFD
Flatwoods Volunteer Fire Department's Ladies Auxiliary will hold a flea market and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Hoagies will also be sold. A 6-inch hoagie costs $2.50; order ahead or pick up.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. is selling tickets to a gun bash to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. May 18. Tickets are $15 each. Contact any firefighter for tickets or stop by Tuesday night bingo.
Dawson VFC will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday; all members are urged to attend.
The Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is currently selling tickets for a gun bash to be held on June 8. Tickets are $20. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
Have you made your plans for summer yet? Have you planned to include a visit to the Tri-Town area? Plans are under way for the annual Tri-Town Historical Society's annual Homecoming event to be held the first weekend in June — June 1 and 2. Please watch this column for updates.
Yoga is now at the Brownfield Community Center. Cost $5 per class; call 724-529-2930 for more information.
Food bank dates for the month of May are:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday.
• Produce for the People, a food distribution program, will be held from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday. Registration for this event begins at 8:30 a.m. To register, bring a photo identification and proof of address. The program distributes approximately 60 to 70 pounds of food per family each month. It is a good idea to take a wheeled cart or wagon with you to pick up your items.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. May 15.
Mother's Day is Sunday; please plan to remember the woman who gave you love and life on that day.
The committee for the Vietnam / Korea War Memorial to be erected in Dawson is currently putting together a dedication book to be sold to help raise funds to pay for the new memorial. It is hoped area businesses and supporters will help put together a fantastic dedication booklet to accompany a celebration of the monument's installation, which will be held on Aug. 31. Advertising space is being sold at this time by members of the committee. Ads are available for sponsor or memorial lines to 1⁄4-, 1⁄2- and full-page ads. Information about the program book is available from any committee member or by calling 724-529-7298 or 724-529-2368. Donations are still being accepted to help finish this project.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Until next time, friends, have a fantastic week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette fair queen, princess are crowned
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- A fair, and fitting, tribute
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend in back
- Uniontown law firm gives up row office appointment amid ethics questions
- Connellsville man held for court in robbery of pizza delivery man
- Warrant issued for Mich. man in Nemacolin scam
- Fayette County prothonotary’s bid to block access to abuse orders in dispute
- Appeal filed in death of special needs child in Fayette
- Fayette County Fair celebrates 60th anniversary
- Connellsville lecture on Saturday to focus on rejected human-rights ordinance