Uniontown police investigate shooting injury
A Uniontown man was treated for a gunshot wound of the leg following an early-morning incident on Austin Street, police Chief Jason Cox said.
Richard Hinton, 23, was discovered slumped over in the front passenger seat of a car after it had left the scene of a large gathering outside Esther's Tavern when police arrived at 1:30 a.m. Thursday.
Cox said officers were patrolling the area when they saw 20 to 40 people gathered around the car.
Officers conducted a traffic stop a short distance from the bar, where they discovered Hinton with a gunshot wound in his right thigh.
Hinton was taken to Uniontown Hospital for treatment.
Police interviewed Hinton and numerous others at the scene but have not determined how Hinton was shot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Uniontown homicide suspect says blood sugar level so low during questioning that he couldn’t comprehend officers
- Former Fayette commissioner plans run as independent
- Fayette County residents warned muggy weather could cause health problems
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Attempted homicide charge dropped in Bullskin bat beating, but man held for trial on other counts
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- North Fayette municipal authority awaits study on water
- Hundreds to participate in Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94
- Fayette County townships’ leaders worry about water plant
- 3 charged in Fayette County shooting