Uniontown police investigate shooting injury
A Uniontown man was treated for a gunshot wound of the leg following an early-morning incident on Austin Street, police Chief Jason Cox said.
Richard Hinton, 23, was discovered slumped over in the front passenger seat of a car after it had left the scene of a large gathering outside Esther's Tavern when police arrived at 1:30 a.m. Thursday.
Cox said officers were patrolling the area when they saw 20 to 40 people gathered around the car.
Officers conducted a traffic stop a short distance from the bar, where they discovered Hinton with a gunshot wound in his right thigh.
Hinton was taken to Uniontown Hospital for treatment.
Police interviewed Hinton and numerous others at the scene but have not determined how Hinton was shot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed
- Connellsville zoning board approves variances
- Connellsville police investigating vandalism incidents
- Connellsville’s $3.1M tentative budget includes tax hike
- Preliminary parking plan submitted for new Connellsville hotel
- Thanksgiving to bring cool temps; snow a possibility
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business