Uniontown police investigate shooting injury
A Uniontown man was treated for a gunshot wound of the leg following an early-morning incident on Austin Street, police Chief Jason Cox said.
Richard Hinton, 23, was discovered slumped over in the front passenger seat of a car after it had left the scene of a large gathering outside Esther's Tavern when police arrived at 1:30 a.m. Thursday.
Cox said officers were patrolling the area when they saw 20 to 40 people gathered around the car.
Officers conducted a traffic stop a short distance from the bar, where they discovered Hinton with a gunshot wound in his right thigh.
Hinton was taken to Uniontown Hospital for treatment.
Police interviewed Hinton and numerous others at the scene but have not determined how Hinton was shot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- PA Core Standards concern many
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Mt. Zion Christian Academy holding huge yard sale
- Connellsville’s ‘Mr. Trombone’ loves his life in small hometown
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- Refurbishing Uniontown church’s grotto is Eagle Scout project