Connellsville woman charged in stabbing
Charges have been filed against a Connellsville woman after she was accused of stabbing a man in the leg.
Connellsville police charged Carla Jean Weimer, 37, of 1315 W. Crawford Ave., with aggravated assault and simple assault with a weapon, and recklessly endangering another person.
Police said the incident occurred at 2:10 p.m. on Thursday at Weimer's home.
According to police, Weimer is alleged to have stabbed Steven Thurmond in the left thigh.
Thurmond was transported from the scene to Highlands Hospital, where he was treated for the injury.
He was released.
Charges were filed against Weimer at the office of District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Haggerty has not yet scheduled a preliminary hearing.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Carnegie Free Library plans Big Book Sale
- Geibel seniors land lead roles
- St. Rita of Cascia Roman Catholic Church marks centennial in Connellsville
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- Fayette tourism ambassadors sought
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants