Teen dies following 1-vehicle accident
One person was killed and another injured following a one-vehicle crash at 4 a.m. Sunday on Ridge Boulevard in Dunbar Township.
According to state police at Uniontown, Catherine Healy, 19, of Acme, a passenger in a vehicle driven by Ethan Kenney, 18, of Dunbar, died as a result of injuries sustained in the accident.
Kenney was reportedly driving south on Ridge Boulevard in a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado when he apparently lost control of the vehicle, traveled off the roadway and struck a guardrail.
After initial impact, the vehicle continued to travel off the roadway and struck a tree, rotated 180 degrees, coming to rest in the right travel lane of Ridge Boulevard.
The force of the impacts caused extensive damage to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Police reported Kenney fled the scene after Fayette EMS arrived and prior to police arrival. He was located a short time later. He suffered a minor injury. Healy was transported to Highlands Hospital in Connellsville and later flown to Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.
She was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Sunday from injuries sustained in the crash. The roadway was closed for approximately four hours.
The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- ArtWorks Connellsville hires gallery manager
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off