Teen dies following 1-vehicle accident
One person was killed and another injured following a one-vehicle crash at 4 a.m. Sunday on Ridge Boulevard in Dunbar Township.
According to state police at Uniontown, Catherine Healy, 19, of Acme, a passenger in a vehicle driven by Ethan Kenney, 18, of Dunbar, died as a result of injuries sustained in the accident.
Kenney was reportedly driving south on Ridge Boulevard in a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado when he apparently lost control of the vehicle, traveled off the roadway and struck a guardrail.
After initial impact, the vehicle continued to travel off the roadway and struck a tree, rotated 180 degrees, coming to rest in the right travel lane of Ridge Boulevard.
The force of the impacts caused extensive damage to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Police reported Kenney fled the scene after Fayette EMS arrived and prior to police arrival. He was located a short time later. He suffered a minor injury. Healy was transported to Highlands Hospital in Connellsville and later flown to Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.
She was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Sunday from injuries sustained in the crash. The roadway was closed for approximately four hours.
The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette emergency personnel responding to injured man in Springfield
- Connellsville Township VFD given $61,750 Homeland Security grant
- York Avenue Bridge could remain 1 lane for 3-5 years
- WCVI owner: Building not that bad
- Geibel announces homecoming court
- Project Talent fills Connellsville community center with creepy things
- Apple Dumpling Festival planned at Connellsville Presbyterian Church
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Seven Springs ski patrol director honored
- Pioneer Days a celebration of Perryopolis past