Scottdale Business and Professional Women's Club to have 'Nite Out'
The Scottdale Business and Professional Women's Club will meet this evening as the club's “Nite Out.” Hope to see all the members at the meeting; time is 6 p.m.
Kid's Stitch is held from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Scottdale Public Library, Spring Street. If you are interested, call Caroline Bailey at 724-887-0952 for more information or to register.
“Camp Curtain Call” is ongoing; for details, call the Geyer Performing Arts Center at 724-887-0887.
Senior citizens can sign up for Farmer's Market vouchers from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the Mt. Pleasant Senior Center, 424 Washington St., Mt. Pleasant; from 10 a.m. to noon July 2 at the Scottdale Volunteer Fire Department fire hall, 405 Porter Ave., Scottdale; and from 11 a.m. to noon July 17 for Everson residents at the VFW, 401 Shipley St.
Budding actors, auditions for the children's chorus will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Geyer Performing Arts Center, 111 Pittsburgh St., Scottdale. This is for children age 8 to 12. For more information, call 724-887-0887.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council is sponsoring the 28th annual “Lens on Litter” photo contest. Great money prizes will be awarded if you are a winner. You must be an amateur photographer to be a contestant. Send in the worst litter examples in the community; only three per person can be sent to Pennsylvania Resources Council, 3606 Providence Road, Newtown Square, PA 19073. For more information, call 610-353-1555.
For information on the course to become a certified water safety instructor, call the Scottdale Community Pool at 724-887-0667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Joseph Eckman, former mayor of Everson, and fellow veteran volunteers who were honored with certificates of appreciation for being actively involved in their communities. This was sponsored by the Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging. This was in observance of the Older American Month in May. A big thank you to all the people who remain active.
The East Huntingdon Sportsmen Association will hold 3-D archery June 30, Aug. 4 and Sept. 1. For more information, call 724-887-5404.
One of Scottdale's newer businesses is J&M Computer Repair, 229 Pittsburgh St., Scottdale. Jason Serock is the owner. Stop in and tell him welcome to Scottdale.
My church, Beulah Baptist Church, Smithfield, held its annual Men and Women's Day on June 2. This event was previously called Rally Day. Deacon Marcia Pratt and Deacon Timothy Tracy read their original papers pertaining to people in the Bible and the roles they played. Pastor Cynthia Hackett of Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Grindstone, gave the afternoon sermon. Karen Tracy rendered music with the theme “New Year. Clean Slate.” It was a good afternoon of fellowship.
Readers, enjoy your friends, family and the weather. Remember: Friday is the first day of summer.
Patricia Walker is a Scottdale resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Connellsville chamber dinner honors residents who make difference
- Fayette County board OKs Energy Corp. of America to pump water from river for drilling site
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee