Scott C's 'Cruize In' nights return
Wednesday evenings in Connellsville are “Cruize In” nights with cars, trucks and motorcycles on display by their owners.
For the second year, Scott C's Auto Sales will sponsor this weekly event from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, through Aug. 28, weather permitting, at 501 N. Pittsburgh St., where Rock Starz owner Robin Bubarth welcomes them to use the large parking area. Donations brought in each week will be given to two local charities — Connellsville Area Community Ministries and Leslie House.
“At Scott C's we like to give back to the community where we do business,” said Scott Cornish, owner of Scott C's Auto Sales. “We started the car show last fall and it was such a big success that we decided to continue it this summer.
“We really believe in the two charities that we're raising money for,” he continued. “Their services are very needed. It also gives people something to do in town on a Wednesday night. Even people who don't have cars like coming out to look at them.”
Scott C's employees donate their time for the car show.
“Scott came up with this idea. He's really adamant about doing this for the two charities,” said Jeff Johnson, general manager at Scott C's Auto Sales.
There is no entry fee. Donations are welcome to benefit the two charities.
A 50/50 drawing helps raise money. There is music, and food and beverages are available for purchase.
The Rock Starz staff often has the grill fired up outdoors for special menu selections.
Organizers want to see all years, makes and models of cars — vintage, antiques, classics, muscle cars, hot rods, rat rods, trucks and bikes.
“We take care of all of the promotion, the music, the trophies, the certificates,” said Johnson. “Amber Wotring is our marketing person and helped get this started last year. In the five weeks we held ‘Cruize In' last fall, we were able to donate around $2,000 total to the two organizations.”
Participation certificates are given to every entrant every week and at the end of the event in August, whoever has a number, possibly 10 or more certificates, are entered into a drawing. Trophies and awards will be presented. Categories will be decided soon.
More information and weather decisions can be found on Facebook at Scott C's Auto Sales-Connellsville.
For more information, call 724-626-8722.
Nancy Henry is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- No tax increase for Everson next year
- Uniontown programs get $900K
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Connellsville/Scottdale Chapter of the Salvation Army needs volunteers
- Torture argument allowed in Connellsville homicide case