Connellsville man injured in robbery, assault at his home
A 71-year-old man was assaulted in his home early Thursday morning, according to Connellsville police.
Police said they were called to an East Fairview Avenue home at 1:26 a.m., where the man had been robbed and assaulted.
Police said the man had exited his apartment after he was awakened by a loud bang.
When the man opened the door, he was struck in the head by two males who pushed him to the floor.
Police said the males, who were both wearing dark clothing, struck the man numerous times in the head with a pistol. They repeatedly asked the man where his money was.
Police said the victim gave the males $100, after which they fled.
Police said prior to leaving the home, the males went through the victim's apartment looking for money.
The injured man was taken to Highlands Hospital for treatment and then transferred to a Pittsburgh area hospital.
Police recovered pieces of the gun at the scene and determined they were from A BB gun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Everson volunteer firefighters set to sell hoagies
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Cochran House tours to benefit food bank
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Betters is recognized at Connellsville Canteen