Connellsville man injured in robbery, assault at his home
A 71-year-old man was assaulted in his home early Thursday morning, according to Connellsville police.
Police said they were called to an East Fairview Avenue home at 1:26 a.m., where the man had been robbed and assaulted.
Police said the man had exited his apartment after he was awakened by a loud bang.
When the man opened the door, he was struck in the head by two males who pushed him to the floor.
Police said the males, who were both wearing dark clothing, struck the man numerous times in the head with a pistol. They repeatedly asked the man where his money was.
Police said the victim gave the males $100, after which they fled.
Police said prior to leaving the home, the males went through the victim's apartment looking for money.
The injured man was taken to Highlands Hospital for treatment and then transferred to a Pittsburgh area hospital.
Police recovered pieces of the gun at the scene and determined they were from A BB gun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Uniontown man charged with rape
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Masontown police car vandalized
- Man shot in leg outside Uniontown apartment
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- Korean exhibit to go on display
- CASD’s Mustache Club lends hand
- Black Friday could be a wet one in Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant areas