Connellsville man injured in robbery, assault at his home
A 71-year-old man was assaulted in his home early Thursday morning, according to Connellsville police.
Police said they were called to an East Fairview Avenue home at 1:26 a.m., where the man had been robbed and assaulted.
Police said the man had exited his apartment after he was awakened by a loud bang.
When the man opened the door, he was struck in the head by two males who pushed him to the floor.
Police said the males, who were both wearing dark clothing, struck the man numerous times in the head with a pistol. They repeatedly asked the man where his money was.
Police said the victim gave the males $100, after which they fled.
Police said prior to leaving the home, the males went through the victim's apartment looking for money.
The injured man was taken to Highlands Hospital for treatment and then transferred to a Pittsburgh area hospital.
Police recovered pieces of the gun at the scene and determined they were from A BB gun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville counselors lend ear on The Couch
- Connellsville Yough River Trail Races set for Saturday
- Connellsville crackdown to target aggressive drivers
- Connellsville paving projects to begin
- Connellsville Area students’ Mustache Clubs raise thousands for charity, research
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini to stand trial in gun theft
- Defense attorney in Connellsville shooting challenges account of officer who resigned while under investigation
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Connellsville fundraiser for girl, 8, adds ‘run at your convenience’ virtual component
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region