Fayette man accused of firing shots into home
A Fayette County man remained in jail Friday after state police accused him of firing five shots into a woman's home earlier in the week.
Garrett Keith Weeder, 42, of Lake Lynn, is being held in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $50,000 bond. Police said he used a 45-caliber handgun to shoot at an occupied home on Broadway Street in Nicholson Township on Thursday.
Police would not comment about whether Weeder knew the woman inside the home at the time of the incident.
One of the shots missed the woman by about 12 inches while she stood in her kitchen, police said.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Weeder's home and seized a handgun and ammunition matching the weapon used in the shooting, police said.
Weeder said he only wanted to frighten the woman when he fired the weapon at the home, according to police.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 18 before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Connellsville Rite Aid robbed
- Everyone encouraged to participate in Connellsville Holy Week events
- Connellsville-area group shares photos, stories, legacy
- Robbery charges against Elizabeth Township man dismissed
- New HR director in place in Fayette; commissioner remains opposed to hiring
- Former Connellsville councilman’s foresight led to happier trails
- Lynn: Fayette churches plan special Easter celebration services
- Connellsville center to host Eggstravaganza
- Serial burglar targets homes in North Union, South Union
- Porterfield: Fish dinner benefits Normalville Fire auxiliary