Fayette man accused of firing shots into home
A Fayette County man remained in jail Friday after state police accused him of firing five shots into a woman's home earlier in the week.
Garrett Keith Weeder, 42, of Lake Lynn, is being held in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $50,000 bond. Police said he used a 45-caliber handgun to shoot at an occupied home on Broadway Street in Nicholson Township on Thursday.
Police would not comment about whether Weeder knew the woman inside the home at the time of the incident.
One of the shots missed the woman by about 12 inches while she stood in her kitchen, police said.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Weeder's home and seized a handgun and ammunition matching the weapon used in the shooting, police said.
Weeder said he only wanted to frighten the woman when he fired the weapon at the home, according to police.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 18 before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vietnam vets from Fayette recall service — and those who didn’t make it home
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- South Connellsville man has fond memories of service in Navy
- Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- Connellsville building owner uses graffiti to point out unsightly demolition debris
- Connellsville WWII veteran recalls close calls as a bomber navigator
- Keepsake ornament depicts Dunbar church history
- Brownsville Boy Scouts make sure vets are not forgotten
- Vanderbilt council addresses abandoned homes, parking
- Lynn: Memorial Day service to be held in Tri-Town area