Fayette man accused of firing shots into home
A Fayette County man remained in jail Friday after state police accused him of firing five shots into a woman's home earlier in the week.
Garrett Keith Weeder, 42, of Lake Lynn, is being held in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $50,000 bond. Police said he used a 45-caliber handgun to shoot at an occupied home on Broadway Street in Nicholson Township on Thursday.
Police would not comment about whether Weeder knew the woman inside the home at the time of the incident.
One of the shots missed the woman by about 12 inches while she stood in her kitchen, police said.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Weeder's home and seized a handgun and ammunition matching the weapon used in the shooting, police said.
Weeder said he only wanted to frighten the woman when he fired the weapon at the home, according to police.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 18 before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Fayette County townships’ leaders worry about water plant
- Motorcyclist flees police through Uniontown at 120 mph
- Police seeking suspect in Fayette motel robbery
- Connellsville Health Board discusses rundown properties
- Hundreds to participate in Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- VFW’s new national chief of staff has distinguished service pedigree
- Police: Woman tried to stab man in Fayette home
- 3 charged in Fayette County shooting
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94