Fayette man accused of firing shots into home
A Fayette County man remained in jail Friday after state police accused him of firing five shots into a woman's home earlier in the week.
Garrett Keith Weeder, 42, of Lake Lynn, is being held in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $50,000 bond. Police said he used a 45-caliber handgun to shoot at an occupied home on Broadway Street in Nicholson Township on Thursday.
Police would not comment about whether Weeder knew the woman inside the home at the time of the incident.
One of the shots missed the woman by about 12 inches while she stood in her kitchen, police said.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Weeder's home and seized a handgun and ammunition matching the weapon used in the shooting, police said.
Weeder said he only wanted to frighten the woman when he fired the weapon at the home, according to police.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 18 before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- Fayette twins injured as newborns expected to be adopted by foster mother
- Organizations benefit from grants
- Lost bear hunter from Westmoreland County located
- CASD’s Mustache Club lends hand
- Seven Springs fights lawsuit calling to keep Neals Run Road open in winter
- Fayette Chamber plans awards dinner
- Conn-Area to stage ‘Beauty and the Beast Jr.’
- Depleted Connellsville food bank in need of supplies
- Connellsville poster, poetry contest recognizes youths
- Dunbar Authority’s sewage project making progress