Fayette man accused of firing shots into home
A Fayette County man remained in jail Friday after state police accused him of firing five shots into a woman's home earlier in the week.
Garrett Keith Weeder, 42, of Lake Lynn, is being held in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $50,000 bond. Police said he used a 45-caliber handgun to shoot at an occupied home on Broadway Street in Nicholson Township on Thursday.
Police would not comment about whether Weeder knew the woman inside the home at the time of the incident.
One of the shots missed the woman by about 12 inches while she stood in her kitchen, police said.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Weeder's home and seized a handgun and ammunition matching the weapon used in the shooting, police said.
Weeder said he only wanted to frighten the woman when he fired the weapon at the home, according to police.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 18 before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Fayette County relies on Westmoreland response team for pet rescues
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge
- Report on cause of Uniontown train derailment not due for weeks
- 7 rail cars go off tracks in Uniontown, no injuries reported
- Connellsville mother leads charge for medical marijuana
- Developer denied ‘affordable housing’ variance in Masontown
- Conn-Area, Geibel Catholic open houses Sunday
- Everson dealing with water issues
- Sign for McCray Robb Bridge correct; legislation to make it official pending
- New owners have big plans for Fayette County landmark Braddock Inn