Lemont Furnace man charged in burglary
A Fayette County man is accused of burglarizing a home in Uniontown after a resident reported seeing him on her porch and hearing him yell a warning to a possible accomplice.
City police charged Roger Marva, 35, of Lemont Furnace with burglary, conspiracy, criminal attempt and disorderly conduct in the June 3 incident at a Downer Avenue residence.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed with District Judge Michael Metros, a woman called police about 1:30 a.m. to report that a man had entered her house with a weapon.
The caller told police two men were running from her residence.
The woman said she had heard someone on the steps inside her home. When she went outside, she saw a man she identified as Roger Marva.
She said that when Marva saw her, he jumped over a porch railing, yelling “Shopper!” to someone as he ran. When the woman returned to her residence, she saw another man, wearing dark clothing, run out the front door.
She then noticed an open kitchen window and found a bag in her dining room containing about $2,000 worth of household items. A 42-inch television was beside the bag. All of the items had been removed from an upstairs bedroom, the woman told police.
After searching the area, police found a black folding knife on a concrete patio in the area where Marva ran. Police said Marva conspired with a male suspect in the burglary attempt.
A warrant was issued for Marva's arrest, and he received a copy of the charges against him by summons, police said.
Marva faces a preliminary hearing before Metros on July 23.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Temp slowly rising in Fay-West area
- Temp slowly rising
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- St. Raymond of the Mountains hosting Lenten dinners
- Connellsville Area Garden Club seeks design input for park upgrade
- Man charged with indecent assault
- Dawson church fundraiser to aid those in need
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville