Lemont Furnace man charged in burglary
A Fayette County man is accused of burglarizing a home in Uniontown after a resident reported seeing him on her porch and hearing him yell a warning to a possible accomplice.
City police charged Roger Marva, 35, of Lemont Furnace with burglary, conspiracy, criminal attempt and disorderly conduct in the June 3 incident at a Downer Avenue residence.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed with District Judge Michael Metros, a woman called police about 1:30 a.m. to report that a man had entered her house with a weapon.
The caller told police two men were running from her residence.
The woman said she had heard someone on the steps inside her home. When she went outside, she saw a man she identified as Roger Marva.
She said that when Marva saw her, he jumped over a porch railing, yelling “Shopper!” to someone as he ran. When the woman returned to her residence, she saw another man, wearing dark clothing, run out the front door.
She then noticed an open kitchen window and found a bag in her dining room containing about $2,000 worth of household items. A 42-inch television was beside the bag. All of the items had been removed from an upstairs bedroom, the woman told police.
After searching the area, police found a black folding knife on a concrete patio in the area where Marva ran. Police said Marva conspired with a male suspect in the burglary attempt.
A warrant was issued for Marva's arrest, and he received a copy of the charges against him by summons, police said.
Marva faces a preliminary hearing before Metros on July 23.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lynn: Fayette communities enjoying holidays
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Connellsville/Scottdale Chapter of the Salvation Army needs volunteers
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Connellsville Faith Fighters’ fundraiser brings warmth to many
- Cochran House tours to benefit food bank
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies