Fayette County man dies in 4-vehicle crash
A Fayette County man was killed Tuesday afternoon and two others were injured in a four-vehicle accident on Route 119 at the Moyer Road intersection in Bullskin, state police at Uniontown said.
Kenneth H. Wildey, 76, of Dawson, died of blunt-force injuries to the face, head and neck, Fayette County Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly said.
Wildey, the driver of one of the vehicles, was pronounced dead at the scene by Deputy Coroner Jesse Camilli. State police said Wildey was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The drivers of two other vehicles in the accident, Rudolph Angell Jr., 73, and Leslie Rechenberg, 28, were flown to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va.. state police said. Information on their conditions was not available last night.
Wildey was killed in the chain-reaction collision that occurred at 3:39 p.m. when his car was hit on the driver's side door by a sport utility vehicle operated by Rechenberg. Rechenberg's SUV was southbound on Route 119 and hit Wildey's car as it was making a left turn from Moyer Road onto the northbound lanes of Route 119, police said.
Wildey's car then hit the passenger side of a pick-up truck operated by Karen Osler, 30, whose vehicle was stopped in the northbound lanes of Route 119. Wildey's car went off the road and its front bumper hit a stop sign at the end of Moyer Road.
Angell's vehicle was traveling south on Route 119 and turned to avoid the collision in the southbound lanes. Police did not list the addresses of any of the drivers involved in the accident.
Bullskin and Everson firefighters and Fayette EMS responded to the accident.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash closes road in Dunbar
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- 6 suspected dealers nabbed in Fayette County
- Connellsville’s ‘Mr. Trombone’ loves his life in small hometown
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Connellsville Partner Parishes parochial vicar marks silver anniversary in priesthood
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Connellsville to honor local legend Harold Betters
- Refurbishing Uniontown church’s grotto is Eagle Scout project