Bullskin Township purchases new truck
Bullskin Township supervisors took care of several business items Wednesday night, including the purchase of a new truck that will include snow-removal equipment.
Supervisor Deb Wiltrout said supervisors received a bid of $42,965 for a Ford F-550 through the Costars program. This bid is just for the truck. The township will have to purchase all of the snow-removal equipment, as well as a dump bed.
The board agreed to hire Darell Hoffer as a new laborer for the road crew with a start date of July 1 and awarded A.C. Moyer out of Lemont Furnace, the township's 2013 paving project, with a low bid of $192,698.
Wiltrout reminded residents that all storm sewer inlets and drainages empty into Mountz Creek and Jacobs Creek and eventually into the Youghiogheny River.
Some items that are not permitted in the system include paints, chemicals, construction debris, lawn fertilizers and lawn clippings.
The township is assisting with putting in a drainage system at the Bullskin Township Fairgrounds. While the fair board has purchased all the materials, the township is supplying some equipment and labor.
The Bullskin Township Lions will host its annual Levin Furniture dent and scratch auction on July 16 at 5 p.m. at the Bullskin Township Fairgrounds.
The Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Company will be hosting a food sale on July 13 at 8:30 a.m., a roast beef dinner on July 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and a car show at the Bullskin Township Fairgrounds on July 20.
A hoagie sale is scheduled for Aug. 3, a food sale on Aug. 10, a chicken and biscuit dinner on Aug. 11 and a tool bash on Aug. 25.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette DA urges end to verbal warfare
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Skyliners to perform in Connellsville
- New Fayette County polling places set for Tuesday’s election
- CAHS announces 2015 spring musical
- Smithfield-Masontown Road section reopens
- More than 100 attend preview of video project ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ at library
- Inaugural event to initiate Arts Endowment program set for Connellsville
- Fayette trick-or-treaters will have to bundle up
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- School program to offer incentives to keep elementary students reading in Connellsville