Employee punched during store robbery attempt in North Union
State police said a Uniontown man was assaulted late Monday by a gun-wielding man who demanded money.
The 41-year-old employee of Dollar General was in the store parking lot along North Gallatin Avenue in North Union collecting carts when a black male approached him from behind at 9:15 p.m. and placed a silver handgun to the back of his neck.
The suspect took the employee inside the store at gunpoint and then punched him in the face when the cash register would not open, according to a news release. The suspect fled, and police said he may have robbed a Uniontown restaurant shortly after.
At 10:16 p.m. Monday, Uniontown City police were dispatched to Potters Restaurant on Morgantown Street for a reported robbery. Police said a man entered a bar area and pointed a silver handgun at patrons. Witnesses said the suspect fired a shot into the ceiling and took money from a cash register and numerous patrons before running out.
The suspect in the Dollar General incident was described as approximately 6 feet tall with a medium build. Police said he was wearing a dark facial covering, a dark blue jacket, dark pants and black gloves.
Patrons at Potters Restaurant described the suspect as a black, approximately 30 years old, wearing dark clothing and a clear mask.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police in Uniontown at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville details its Memorial Day parade lineup
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence
- Good trail news for Connellsville
- Shake-a-thon to help 5-year-old from Connellsville
- Top 10 talent showcase set at Connellsville Area High School
- PennDOT project in North Union delayed a week
- Fayette County area communities plan Memorial Day events
- Golden Reunion to bring old friends together Monday in Connellsville
- Perryopolis, Perry Township veterans groups plan Memorial Day service at Frazier High School
- Fayette County communities plan Memorial Day services
- Connellsville Garden Club’s 11th annual Geranium Festival to bloom Saturday