Employee punched during store robbery attempt in North Union
State police said a Uniontown man was assaulted late Monday by a gun-wielding man who demanded money.
The 41-year-old employee of Dollar General was in the store parking lot along North Gallatin Avenue in North Union collecting carts when a black male approached him from behind at 9:15 p.m. and placed a silver handgun to the back of his neck.
The suspect took the employee inside the store at gunpoint and then punched him in the face when the cash register would not open, according to a news release. The suspect fled, and police said he may have robbed a Uniontown restaurant shortly after.
At 10:16 p.m. Monday, Uniontown City police were dispatched to Potters Restaurant on Morgantown Street for a reported robbery. Police said a man entered a bar area and pointed a silver handgun at patrons. Witnesses said the suspect fired a shot into the ceiling and took money from a cash register and numerous patrons before running out.
The suspect in the Dollar General incident was described as approximately 6 feet tall with a medium build. Police said he was wearing a dark facial covering, a dark blue jacket, dark pants and black gloves.
Patrons at Potters Restaurant described the suspect as a black, approximately 30 years old, wearing dark clothing and a clear mask.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police in Uniontown at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Connellsville Partner Parishes parochial vicar marks silver anniversary in priesthood