Connellsville musicians to take the stage at Storey Square
Several Connellsville area musicians will be participating in upcoming concerts being held at Storey Square in Uniontown, including well-known jazz trombonist Harold Betters and a newer local band, The Sammy Brooks Band.
The sound of music and the smell of delicious food will fill the air in downtown Uniontown this summer as the 2013 Storey Square Summer Concert Series begins.
Uniontown City Council members are encouraging city and county residents to take advantage of the popular series that is celebrated in the city every summer.
“This is a great night out for residents,” said Uniontown City Councilman Philip Michael. “It's free entertainment in the city every Monday.”
The entertainment and food will be offered from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays. A farmers market will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. during the concerts.
The series will kick off on Monday, when the VFW Post 8543 Band will play. Food provided by Hot Diggity Dogs can be purchased. Fayette County Community Action Agency's Food Bank will sponsor the event and nonperishable food donations will be accepted.
The remaining concerts, restaurants and nonprofit sponsors are as follows:
• July 15, Outpost and Ellie Mae's Caterings sponsored by Fayette County Colon Cancer Network.
• July 22, The Sammy Brooks Band and World Importing sponsored by Fayette County Community Action Agency's Home-Delivered Meal Program.
• July 29, Polish Six Pack and DiMarco's Bistro & Cantino sponsored by the Handicapped Adult Dance Committee.
• Aug. 5, Shelly McCombie and Joe Dogg's sponsored by Fayette Friends of Animals.
• Aug. 12, Abacus Jones and B 21/Café 45 sponsored by Uniontown Arts Fellowship.
• Aug. 19, Neon Swing X-Perience and the Boston Beanery sponsored by the American Heart Association.
• Aug. 26, The High Ryder and Ellie Mae's Catering sponsored by the State Theatre Center for the Arts.
• Sept. 9, Ed McDade and The Grotto sponsored by Fayette County Children & Youth Services Advisory Board.
• Sept. 16, well-known jazz trombonist Harold Betters, a Connellsville native, and Rizz's sponsored by Fayette County ARC. The summer concert series is sponsored by the Uniontown Downtown Business District Authority and Uniontown's Main Street Program. Fayette County Buy Local Network is the presenting sponsor.
Channel 77 will air the prior's week concert at 9 p.m. Mondays and on FayetteTV.org.
Cindy Ekas is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Connellsville posts $174K deficit
- State police probe alleged plot targeting educators in Brownsville
- Christmas in the Park takes place Saturday in Connellsville
- Connellsville council expected to accept resignation of city treasurer