Connellsville Township accident investigated
State police investigated a one-vehicle crash in Connellsville Township on Monday.
Clarence J. Brisbane, 55, was pronounced dead at Highlands Hospital in Connellsville following the 6:30 a.m. accident on Route 711 near McCoy Hollow Road.
Police said the Brisbane vehicle was traveling south on Route 711 near McCoy Hollow Road when the vehicle partially went off the right side of the roadway and then crossed over both lanes of traffic and went off the left side of the road.
The vehicle struck a tree.
Officials said it appears the driver suffered a medical emergency.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge
- Fayette County relies on Westmoreland response team for pet rescues
- Everson dealing with water issues
- Conn-Area, Geibel Catholic open houses Sunday
- Report on cause of Uniontown train derailment not due for weeks
- Uniontown woman goes on trial as driver in fatal wreck
- 7 rail cars go off tracks in Uniontown, no injuries reported
- Supervisor testifies in trial of woman charged in deadly North Union crash
- Connellsville mother leads charge for medical marijuana
- State Ballet Theatre of Russia to perform ‘Swan Lake’ in Uniontown