Brownsville man charged with 3 armed robberies arraigned in 4 more
A Fayette County man who was already accused of three armed robberies was arraigned on Monday in connection with four additional robberies, including one in which police said he fired a handgun into the ceiling of a Uniontown restaurant.
Lacy Darnell Bradley, 33, of Brownsville was arraigned before Uniontown District Judge Michael Metros on multiple counts of robbery, aggravated assault, terroristic threats, theft, receiving stolen property and firearms charges.
In criminal complaints, Uniontown Detective Donald “Butch” Gmitter accused Bradley of robbing the Papa John's pizza shop on West Main Street and McPatton's Pub on North Gallatin Avenue on June 19, Laurel Games on Morgantown Street on June 23 and Potter's Bar on Morgantown Street on June 24.
In each of the robberies, Gmitter said Bradley pointed a .357 Magnum revolver at employees or patrons and demanded cash. During the Potter's Bar robbery, Bradley fired one round into the restaurant's ceiling, but no injuries were reported, police said.
Bradley obtained $1,072 from Papa John's, $709 from McPatton's, $3,980 from Laurel Games and $254 from Potter's, according to the complaints.
Metros ordered Bradley held on $50,000 bond in each case, for a total of $200,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled for 1:15 p.m. July 23.
At the time of his arraignment, Bradley was in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $185,000 bond in connection with three other robberies.
State police at Uniontown have accused Bradley of robbing the Dairy Queen on National Pike in East Brownsville on June 19, the Dollar General Store in North Union on June 24 and Pixel's in Brownsville on June 25.
Police said Bradley brandished a revolver in those three robberies and demanded cash from employees and customers.
Bradley “sucker punched” a clerk at Dollar General and threw a 78-year-old man to the floor during the Pixel's Restaurant robbery, police said.
Preliminary hearings on the Pixel's and Dairy Queen robberies are scheduled for 3:50 p.m. July 29 before Redstone District Judge Mike Defino Jr. A hearing on the Dollar General robbery is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Aug. 14 before North Union District Judge Wendy Dennis.
Liz Zemba is a reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-601-2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Interchange named for longtime Democratic Party leader who advocated for Mon-Fayette Expressway
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Connellsville council told Highlands Hospital has prevention plan for Ebola
- PennDOT schedules bridge meeting
- Perryopolis going greener
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville