Volunteers needed to help with Connellsville cleanup this evening
Volunteers are planning a cleanup in Connellsville today.
Volunteers will be pulling weeds and cleaning up along Pittsburgh Street, from the Carnegie Free Library north to Route 119.
Volunteers are asked to bring tools including weed wackers, leaf blowers, brooms, garbage bags, etc.
Anyone wishing to help is asked to meet at 6 p.m. in the parking lot behind the former Medicine Shoppe, located at the corner of Arch Street and Crawford Avenue.
The cleanup is being organized by the Believe in Connellsville organization.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Geibel student gets peek at life at Harvard Medical School
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem