City to fill health board position
On Wednesday, Connellsville City Council will appoint a new member to the city's Board of Health.
A resolution will be presented to accept the resignation of Timothy Bechtold, who had run for city council in the May primary. Bechtold's name was removed from the ballot before the primary because there were unacceptable names on his petition.
According to Tom Currey, Connellsville health officer, and Mayor Charles Matthews, Bechtold has a new job and has moved away from the city.
“He did not talk to me,” said Marilyn Weaver, a city council member who sits on the Board of Health. “He talked to Tom (Currey) and said he was resigning and he would not be at any more meetings.”
An attempt to contact Bechtold was unsuccessful.
A second resolution to be made at Wednesday's meeting will be to appoint Susan Joy Lewis to the vacant post. Her term will expire in April 2018.
The council meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
Karl Polacek is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3538.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution