City to fill health board position
On Wednesday, Connellsville City Council will appoint a new member to the city's Board of Health.
A resolution will be presented to accept the resignation of Timothy Bechtold, who had run for city council in the May primary. Bechtold's name was removed from the ballot before the primary because there were unacceptable names on his petition.
According to Tom Currey, Connellsville health officer, and Mayor Charles Matthews, Bechtold has a new job and has moved away from the city.
“He did not talk to me,” said Marilyn Weaver, a city council member who sits on the Board of Health. “He talked to Tom (Currey) and said he was resigning and he would not be at any more meetings.”
An attempt to contact Bechtold was unsuccessful.
A second resolution to be made at Wednesday's meeting will be to appoint Susan Joy Lewis to the vacant post. Her term will expire in April 2018.
The council meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
Karl Polacek is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3538.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- National veterans charity to receive funds raised in Connellsville pageant
- Connellsville-region grads to converge for Golden Reunion
- Connellsville gets spring scouring
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- FRIENDS of Carnegie Free Library of Connellsville seeks members
- Lynn: Crazy Cowboy Band to perform at Dawson Brownfield center
- Champion Christian School students to present biblical-based musical
- Geibel grad dreams big, lands role in second feature film
- Laurel Highlands teacher ‘humbled’ by St. Vincent award
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users