City to fill health board position
On Wednesday, Connellsville City Council will appoint a new member to the city's Board of Health.
A resolution will be presented to accept the resignation of Timothy Bechtold, who had run for city council in the May primary. Bechtold's name was removed from the ballot before the primary because there were unacceptable names on his petition.
According to Tom Currey, Connellsville health officer, and Mayor Charles Matthews, Bechtold has a new job and has moved away from the city.
“He did not talk to me,” said Marilyn Weaver, a city council member who sits on the Board of Health. “He talked to Tom (Currey) and said he was resigning and he would not be at any more meetings.”
An attempt to contact Bechtold was unsuccessful.
A second resolution to be made at Wednesday's meeting will be to appoint Susan Joy Lewis to the vacant post. Her term will expire in April 2018.
The council meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
Karl Polacek is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3538.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lynn: Fayette communities enjoying holidays
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Uniontown programs get $900K