City to fill health board position
By Karl Polacek
Published: Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, 7:31 p.m.
On Wednesday, Connellsville City Council will appoint a new member to the city's Board of Health.
A resolution will be presented to accept the resignation of Timothy Bechtold, who had run for city council in the May primary. Bechtold's name was removed from the ballot before the primary because there were unacceptable names on his petition.
According to Tom Currey, Connellsville health officer, and Mayor Charles Matthews, Bechtold has a new job and has moved away from the city.
“He did not talk to me,” said Marilyn Weaver, a city council member who sits on the Board of Health. “He talked to Tom (Currey) and said he was resigning and he would not be at any more meetings.”
An attempt to contact Bechtold was unsuccessful.
A second resolution to be made at Wednesday's meeting will be to appoint Susan Joy Lewis to the vacant post. Her term will expire in April 2018.
The council meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
Karl Polacek is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3538.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- Small-business opportunities exist in the Fay-West
- Planning underway for Connellsville Christmas event
- Choral concerts planned in Dawson church
- Closure of West Side News shocks previous owners