Connellsville Planning Commission OKs plans for water booster station
The Connellsville Planning Commission approved site reviews for a water booster station as well as a remodel project for Pechin Express.
Jay Lucas with Pennsylvania American Water told the board the company needed to replace the current booster station that pumps up to Connellsville Area High School and Connellsville Junior High.
The station, which is located along Wayne Street, will be replaced by a larger unit and will be above ground on a concrete pad. A fence will be erected around the new station to not alter the look of the area.
The project is estimated to cost $283,000 and a special exception has also been approved by the Fayette County Zoning Hearing Board.
The second site review was for Pechin Express along Wayne Street.
Donald D'Amico with Pechin Enterprises LLC said he is planning on taking down two interior walls, which will add approximately 800 square feet of retail space to the store.
D'Amico said the only noticeable difference from the outside will be the addition of another set of doors at the side of the structure for deliveries.
The estimated cost of the project is $2,500.
Both projects will go on to be approved by the county.
In other business, the commission approved a car port along South Arch Street, a porch roof along South Jefferson Street, a porch roof along Wills Road and a fence along West Morton Avenue.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant fireworks postponed until Sunday
- Artist of the month from Chalk Hill goes back to nature
- Uniontown set for free summer concert series
- Post-war ‘welcome’ still stings Vietnam War veteran from Connellsville
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Fayette County men recount fathers’ roles in World War II
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Day-old baby dropped at Uniontown hospital by nurse
- Boy, 5, in stable condition after fall from window in Fayette County
- Connellsville fireworks display back to riverbank