South Connellsville woman charged for false rape report
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, 12:41 a.m.
Charges have been filed with District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. against a South Connellsville woman who allegedly told police that she was raped, only to admit later she wasn't.
Sheena Anne Housel, 20, of 1425 S. Pittsburgh St. was charged with making a false report and incriminating another.
Police said on Aug. 25, Housel contacted the South Connellsville Police to report that she was raped.
She told police she and a man known to her were standing on her porch when they decided to go inside and watch a movie in her living room on Aug. 24.
She said he inappropriately touched her and that she tried to get away and scream but the man punched her in the side and covered her mouth before they had sex. She said the man left around midnight.
The police informed Housel that she would have to be taken to Highlands Hospital to have a rape kit performed. Housel agreed.
When police arrived to take her to the hospital and gather her clothing, she was with a person described as her boyfriend. She said she had consented to the sex.
A preliminary hearing has not been scheduled.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Masontown girl pulls off heroic task at state farm show
- Connellsville community center enjoying rebirth
- Cause of Republic blaze under investigation
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- Dawson mayor, CSX aim to repair railroad crossing at intersection
- South Connellsville accepts police chief’s resignation
- Knife incident on bus gives Connellsville Area School District pause
- Mulch pitched for Vanderbilt park’s playground; surface proposed under swings, slide, climbing bars
- ‘Going downtown’ with dad, mom in ’50s among Connellsville native’s treasured memories
- Curfew concerns presented to Connellsville mayor
- Mt. Pleasant man charged in 2 Connellsville robberies