South Connellsville woman charged for false rape report
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, 12:41 a.m.
Charges have been filed with District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. against a South Connellsville woman who allegedly told police that she was raped, only to admit later she wasn't.
Sheena Anne Housel, 20, of 1425 S. Pittsburgh St. was charged with making a false report and incriminating another.
Police said on Aug. 25, Housel contacted the South Connellsville Police to report that she was raped.
She told police she and a man known to her were standing on her porch when they decided to go inside and watch a movie in her living room on Aug. 24.
She said he inappropriately touched her and that she tried to get away and scream but the man punched her in the side and covered her mouth before they had sex. She said the man left around midnight.
The police informed Housel that she would have to be taken to Highlands Hospital to have a rape kit performed. Housel agreed.
When police arrived to take her to the hospital and gather her clothing, she was with a person described as her boyfriend. She said she had consented to the sex.
A preliminary hearing has not been scheduled.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar Twp. will pay same real estate tax rate in 2014
- Brownsville man pleads guilty to homicide charge
- Suspect sought in rash of Fayette ATV thefts
- Live Nativity planned at Champion church
- ‘Yes Virginia the Musical’ coming to Connellsville
- Tri-Town Ministries sets combined church services for Monday
- Daily Courier accepting new, unwrapped toys until Wednesday
- Serial thief sentenced to prison term
- Confluence man pleads guilty to assaults on 2 boys
- Chamber to show ‘Fracnation’ film in Indian Creek Valley center
- Connellsville Area High School students help local families in need