South Connellsville woman charged for false rape report
Charges have been filed with District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. against a South Connellsville woman who allegedly told police that she was raped, only to admit later she wasn't.
Sheena Anne Housel, 20, of 1425 S. Pittsburgh St. was charged with making a false report and incriminating another.
Police said on Aug. 25, Housel contacted the South Connellsville Police to report that she was raped.
She told police she and a man known to her were standing on her porch when they decided to go inside and watch a movie in her living room on Aug. 24.
She said he inappropriately touched her and that she tried to get away and scream but the man punched her in the side and covered her mouth before they had sex. She said the man left around midnight.
The police informed Housel that she would have to be taken to Highlands Hospital to have a rape kit performed. Housel agreed.
When police arrived to take her to the hospital and gather her clothing, she was with a person described as her boyfriend. She said she had consented to the sex.
A preliminary hearing has not been scheduled.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Fayette DA’s office will remain on death penalty case
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’