2nd assault case lodged against former Fayette bus driver
A former Fayette County bus driver serving a two- to four-year sentence for assaulting a mentally disabled student faces charges of rape, sexual assault and corruption of minors in an earlier incident involving another teen.
Uniontown Trooper Heather L. Clem-Johnston said Jason Eugene Freeland, 31, an inmate at the State Correctional Institution at Albion, Erie County, is under investigation for the rape of a then-13-year-old girl.
Police said the alleged victim, now 15, reported the incident occurred in North Union in November of 2010 or 2011.
Charges will be filed with District Judge Wendy Dennis on Oct. 3, police said.
Court records show Freeland will be arraigned by video before Dennis on Oct. 9.
Freeland pleaded guilty in August 2012 to aggravated indecent assault on a person with a mental disability, endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and two counts of indecent assault.
Uniontown police charged Freeland in January 2012 with assaulting a 16-year-old girl on a school bus when he was employed by Rittenhouse Bus Lines in Menallen Township.
The girl said she made plans with Freeland several days in advance to skip school on Jan. 27, court records showed. The girl told a friend that she was “dating a high school bus driver.”
The girl told police that Freeland dropped her off at a bus yard in Smock and left her alone for 30 minutes while he retrieved a van. Freeland then drove her to another location where they had sexual contact, she said.
Senior Judge Gerald R. Solomon additionally sentenced Freeland to undergo lifetime counseling, at his own expense.
Mary Pickels is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender