2nd assault case lodged against former Fayette bus driver
A former Fayette County bus driver serving a two- to four-year sentence for assaulting a mentally disabled student faces charges of rape, sexual assault and corruption of minors in an earlier incident involving another teen.
Uniontown Trooper Heather L. Clem-Johnston said Jason Eugene Freeland, 31, an inmate at the State Correctional Institution at Albion, Erie County, is under investigation for the rape of a then-13-year-old girl.
Police said the alleged victim, now 15, reported the incident occurred in North Union in November of 2010 or 2011.
Charges will be filed with District Judge Wendy Dennis on Oct. 3, police said.
Court records show Freeland will be arraigned by video before Dennis on Oct. 9.
Freeland pleaded guilty in August 2012 to aggravated indecent assault on a person with a mental disability, endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and two counts of indecent assault.
Uniontown police charged Freeland in January 2012 with assaulting a 16-year-old girl on a school bus when he was employed by Rittenhouse Bus Lines in Menallen Township.
The girl said she made plans with Freeland several days in advance to skip school on Jan. 27, court records showed. The girl told a friend that she was “dating a high school bus driver.”
The girl told police that Freeland dropped her off at a bus yard in Smock and left her alone for 30 minutes while he retrieved a van. Freeland then drove her to another location where they had sexual contact, she said.
Senior Judge Gerald R. Solomon additionally sentenced Freeland to undergo lifetime counseling, at his own expense.
Mary Pickels is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Squirrel causes power outage on South Side Connellsville
- Everson OKs recreational burning ordinance
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority director touts revitalization
- Fayette municipalities will meet on land bank idea
- ‘Hairspray’ coming to State Theatre in Uniontown
- Fayette County Fair nears kick-off
- Uniontown woman accused of stabbing man
- Volunteer firefighters hard to find in Mt. Pleasant, Scottdale
- West Side Hill’s Italian Bash celebrates 15 years of food, fellowship
- Connellsville’s Stage Door Canteen Room to host lectures, shows
- Dunbar Fest committee helps fund community projects