Connellsville Area names its homecoming court
Connellsville Area High School seniors cast their ballots for the 2013 Homecoming Court.
Seven young ladies — Emma Bell, Ashton Grimm, Blakeley Herrilko, Nicole Lembo, Marina Stefano, Lynnsy Leonard and Maria Merendino — will represent the school. The winner will be announced during halftime of the Sept. 27 football game in Falcon Stadium. Before the game, the candidates will be part of the annual homecoming parade, which will begin at 5:45 p.m. The game will begin at 7 p.m.
• Emma Bell, 17, is a member of the National Honor Society, German Honor Society, Falcon volleyball team and Penn Highlands Volleyball Club. Her plans include attending college and working as certified nursing anesthetist.
A daughter of Pam and John Bell of Dunbar, she will be escorted by Ian Pieczynski, son of Terry and Barry Pieczynski of Connellsville.
• Ashton Grimm, 17, is the secretary of the National Honor Society, a member of Patriots club, Spanish Honor Society, Penn State 4.0 club and was a representative for the Snow Princess court her sophomore and junior years.
Grimm is a four-year letterman and captain of the girls' soccer team, three-year letterman and captain of the girls' basketball team, and four-year letterman in track. Grimm would like to attend college to study to become a physician's assistant.
A daughter of Chris and Jim Grimm of Connellsville, she will be escorted by Kolbe Cunningham, son of Kelly and Jeff Cunningham of Connellsville.
• Blakeley Herrilko, 17, is a member of the National Honor Society, Thespian Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and an officer on Student Council. She is a varsity cheerleader, part of the Chamber Ensemble and has participated in Connellsville high school musicals and shows in the Geyer Performing Arts Center in Scottdale.
Her plans include attending Penn State to study nursing.
A daughter of Marianne and Bart Kaylor and Jason Herrilko of Connellsville, she will be escorted by Ben Auer, son of Shelly and Tim Auer of Bullskin.
• Nicole Lembo, 18, is a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and a varsity cheerleader. She dances at Kids and Company. Lembo hopes to attend Penn State Fayette to study nursing.
A daughter of Gina and Jim Lembo, she will be escorted by Tanner Kirsh, son of Kelly Thompson and Scott Kirsch.
• Lynnsy Leonard, 17, is a member of the National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society. She has been a member of the volleyball team for four years, and played basketball for one year. She plans to attend college and major in nutrition and dietetics.
A daughter of Becky and John Leonard of Dawson, she will be escorted by Trent Bauer, son of Mary Ann and William Bauer of Connellsville.
• Maria Merendino, 17, is a member of the National Honor Society, French Honor Society and German Honor Society. She is a four-year letterman for varsity volleyball and basketball, and is a member of the Penn Highlands Volleyball Club. She plans to pursue a career in nursing.
A daughter of Patty and Mike Merendino of Dunbar, she will be escorted by Lawrence Becker, son of Jennie and Larry Becker of Connellsville.
• Marina Stefano, 17, is a member of the National Honor Society, Thespian Honor Society, All States Program and Student Council. She is active with the Chamber Ensemble. Her plans are to attend Point Park University, major in performing arts and work with children with special needs through dance therapy.
A daughter of Tina Tesauro-Stefano and Patrick Stefano of Connellsville, she will be escorted by Jeremy Lowery, son of Beverly and Roy Lowery of Connellsville.
The homecoming queen from 2012, Lauren Harvey, escorted by CAHS principal Nick Bosnic, will crown the new queen.
Marilyn Forbes is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- Fayette DA’s office will remain on death penalty case
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival