State police identify Fayette man who died in crash
State police in Belle Vernon have identified a 25-year-old man who died in a one-vehicle accident in Fayette County Sunday.
Police said Andrew K. Vrabel of Connellsville died in the crash at 9:44 p.m. along Buena Vista Road in Franklin Township.
Police reported Vrabel was a passenger in a car driven by Shawna M. Courie, 33, of Vanderbilt.
Courie's 1999 Dodge Neon was driving north along Buena Vista Road, north of Reservoir Road, when she failed to negotiate a left curve on the roadway, struck a culvert and then a tree.
Courie's car burst in flames after the crash, according to police. Police said Vrable was unable to escape the vehicle.
Courie, who was taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh with serious injuries, was found by lying on the southbound lane of the roadway, police said.
Police said evidence indicates Courie was driving at an unsafe speed, but no charges have been filed. The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Post-war ‘welcome’ still stings Vietnam War veteran from Connellsville
- Fayette County men recount fathers’ roles in World War II
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant fireworks postponed until Sunday
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Investigation into dropped baby at Uniontown Hospital continues
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- 2015 Connellsville grad identified as victim of Bullskin motorcycle crash
- Connellsville fireworks display back to riverbank
- Action sought on medical marijuana by Connellsville couple
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority receives $47K in grant funds