State police identify Fayette man who died in crash
State police in Belle Vernon have identified a 25-year-old man who died in a one-vehicle accident in Fayette County Sunday.
Police said Andrew K. Vrabel of Connellsville died in the crash at 9:44 p.m. along Buena Vista Road in Franklin Township.
Police reported Vrabel was a passenger in a car driven by Shawna M. Courie, 33, of Vanderbilt.
Courie's 1999 Dodge Neon was driving north along Buena Vista Road, north of Reservoir Road, when she failed to negotiate a left curve on the roadway, struck a culvert and then a tree.
Courie's car burst in flames after the crash, according to police. Police said Vrable was unable to escape the vehicle.
Courie, who was taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh with serious injuries, was found by lying on the southbound lane of the roadway, police said.
Police said evidence indicates Courie was driving at an unsafe speed, but no charges have been filed. The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville sets trick or treat
- Bullskin election violations end in plea deal for 3
- No burning garbage in Connellsville
- Blight ordinance passed by Connellsville City Council
- Vote to look for property in Uniontown to expand jail draws applause
- WCCC robotics kits donated to CACTC
- Everson agrees to buy 4-wheel drive vehicle
- Fayette union protests contract woes
- Geibel Catholic in Connellsville again achieves national academic excellence
- Leisenring Presbyterians set monthly food distribution
- Perry Township’s Layton Bridge will close for repairs