State police identify Fayette man who died in crash
State police in Belle Vernon have identified a 25-year-old man who died in a one-vehicle accident in Fayette County Sunday.
Police said Andrew K. Vrabel of Connellsville died in the crash at 9:44 p.m. along Buena Vista Road in Franklin Township.
Police reported Vrabel was a passenger in a car driven by Shawna M. Courie, 33, of Vanderbilt.
Courie's 1999 Dodge Neon was driving north along Buena Vista Road, north of Reservoir Road, when she failed to negotiate a left curve on the roadway, struck a culvert and then a tree.
Courie's car burst in flames after the crash, according to police. Police said Vrable was unable to escape the vehicle.
Courie, who was taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh with serious injuries, was found by lying on the southbound lane of the roadway, police said.
Police said evidence indicates Courie was driving at an unsafe speed, but no charges have been filed. The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Coker museum to open this month
- Dawson VFC selling tickets for gun bash at Linden Hall
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Perryopolis’ history reflects diverse heritage of region
- Pa. premier of ‘Gore Orphanage’ set at Brownsville Drive-In
- Uniontown blaze under investigation
- Ghost, legends to haunt halls of Connellsville library
- Connellsville’s Coke Oven Grill promises great sandwiches at great speed
- Curtain rises on Penn State Fayette’s Shakespeare Festival
- Passing through Connellsville, DC-bound cyclists ride for veterans