State police identify Fayette man who died in crash
State police in Belle Vernon have identified a 25-year-old man who died in a one-vehicle accident in Fayette County Sunday.
Police said Andrew K. Vrabel of Connellsville died in the crash at 9:44 p.m. along Buena Vista Road in Franklin Township.
Police reported Vrabel was a passenger in a car driven by Shawna M. Courie, 33, of Vanderbilt.
Courie's 1999 Dodge Neon was driving north along Buena Vista Road, north of Reservoir Road, when she failed to negotiate a left curve on the roadway, struck a culvert and then a tree.
Courie's car burst in flames after the crash, according to police. Police said Vrable was unable to escape the vehicle.
Courie, who was taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh with serious injuries, was found by lying on the southbound lane of the roadway, police said.
Police said evidence indicates Courie was driving at an unsafe speed, but no charges have been filed. The investigation is continuing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Connellsville man has fond memories of service in Navy
- Lynn: Memorial Day service to be held in Tri-Town area
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown
- Keepsake ornament depicts Dunbar church history
- Connellsville building owner uses graffiti to point out unsightly demolition debris
- Brownsville Boy Scouts make sure vets are not forgotten
- Vanderbilt council addresses abandoned homes, parking
- Connellsville details its Memorial Day parade lineup
- Connellsville hotel fruition hangs on DEP support
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence