Police charge suspect in store robbery
State police in Belle Vernon have arrested a suspect in the robbery of a Fayette County convenience store Sunday.
Frank B. Rafitz Jr., 51, of Grindstone is being held in the county prison in lieu of $50,000 bond.
Police allege in an arrest warrant that Rafitz entered the Sweet Pea's Food Mart along Route 40 in Redstone Township about 8:50 p.m., threw a 59-year-old male clerk to the ground and threatened a 23-year-old female clerk.
Police said Rafitz demanded the female clerk open the register and fled with an undetermined amount of cash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville board to re-advertise sale of closed Zach Connell building
- Connellsville library director on move
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision