Police charge suspect in store robbery
State police in Belle Vernon have arrested a suspect in the robbery of a Fayette County convenience store Sunday.
Frank B. Rafitz Jr., 51, of Grindstone is being held in the county prison in lieu of $50,000 bond.
Police allege in an arrest warrant that Rafitz entered the Sweet Pea's Food Mart along Route 40 in Redstone Township about 8:50 p.m., threw a 59-year-old male clerk to the ground and threatened a 23-year-old female clerk.
Police said Rafitz demanded the female clerk open the register and fled with an undetermined amount of cash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 1 dead in Bullskin crash
- Agriculture chief touts local products in Fayette County visit
- Purchase paves the way for razing of Connellsville building
- Connellsville Area High School’s marching band to play national anthem at PNC Park
- Connellsville man accepts plea in break-ins
- 17 years later, late Frazier superintendent’s vision of new school nearly a reality
- More charges filed against Uniontown serial robbery suspect
- PORTERFIELD: Nicholson family reunion set at Indian Creek Valley Community Center
- Permit allows storage of explosives on Upper Tyrone property
- Pedestrian killed after he was struck by SUV on Route 51
- 500 Brownsville elementary students to get backpacks, supplies