Police charge suspect in store robbery
State police in Belle Vernon have arrested a suspect in the robbery of a Fayette County convenience store Sunday.
Frank B. Rafitz Jr., 51, of Grindstone is being held in the county prison in lieu of $50,000 bond.
Police allege in an arrest warrant that Rafitz entered the Sweet Pea's Food Mart along Route 40 in Redstone Township about 8:50 p.m., threw a 59-year-old male clerk to the ground and threatened a 23-year-old female clerk.
Police said Rafitz demanded the female clerk open the register and fled with an undetermined amount of cash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Forbes: Family is key for the holidays
- Connellsville’s $3.1M tentative budget includes tax hike
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break