Suspect arrested in vehicle break-ins in Connellsville
Connellsville police have made an arrest in a string of vehicle break-ins in the city.
Terry Edward Williams Jr., 20, of 7 Gibson Ave., Connellsville, was charged with three counts of theft from a motor vehicle, two counts of loitering/prowling at night, two counts of receiving stolen property and two counts of possession of alcohol by a minor at District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office. The charges were filed Thursday.
Police said they spotted Williams walking along Vine Street early Thursday. He disappeared but was then seen walking on Race Street at 3 a.m. Police stopped and questioned him.
Police asked if they could conduct a search on him. They found a large amount of change in his pocket along with a Gatorade bottle filled with an alcoholic beverage and Crown Royal bags.
Police were able to locate a vehicle along Sycamore Street from where items were taken. The items included change, a purse containing numerous banking information and Crown Royal bags. Williams showed police vehicles he had entered and attempted to enter.
He was lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $10,000 bond. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1 p.m. Oct. 3.
Police warn residents Williams is not solely responsible for the large number of vehicle break-ins that the city has experienced. They remind residents to keep vehicles locked and call 911 at any sign of suspicious activity.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- ArtWorks Connellsville hires gallery manager