Dunbar officials learn of sewage line installation in middle of Route 119
Because there is extra money available from the sewerage project in the Morrell/Wheeler area, a sewage line will be installed in the middle of the northbound and southbound lanes of Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
Ken Martray with Widmer Engineering told Dunbar Township Supervisors this week the company is beginning the process now to run the line, which will pick up the Morrell Volunteer Fire Company fire hall as well as state Sen. Richard Kasunic's office.
Supervisor Ron Keller said this opens up the middle section for development options.
Martray said he hopes construction will begin on the project in December.
Martray reminded residents in the Morrell/Wheeler project that pipes carrying gray water, which includes sink water and laundry water, need to be hooked into the sewage line as well.
• Set the MMO union pension plan at $32,000 and the MMO non-union pension plan at $23,000 for 2014.
• Set trick-or treat-in the township from 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 27, except for the Dickerson Run and Liberty areas, which will do hold trick-or-treat the same time set by Vanderbilt Borough.
• Agreed to begin working on the 2014 preliminary budget, which will be presented at the Nov. 7 meeting.
• Extended burn dates until Nov. 7, allowing residents to burn anytime from dusk to dawn every day except Sundays.
• Announced a methamphetamine awareness class will be held 7 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Morrell VFC fire hall. Sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Police, anyone interested is welcome to attend.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.