Connellsville commission approves proposal for B&B
Connellsville Planning Commission approved a site review for a proposed bed and breakfast in the city's South Side.
The bed and breakfast would be located at 1131 S. Pittsburgh St. The owner is Susan Lewis.
Lewis wants to open the four-room bed and breakfast early next year. She said every room will have a private bathroom.
The owner-occupied bed and breakfast would be exactly 1 mile off the bike trail and has many glassworks inside.
Lewis said the house was once owned by the Fox Glass family. Because of the structure's history, Lewis chose the name Fox Castle Bed & Breakfast.
Tom Currey, the city's health and code enforcement officer, said the location is zoned for the business. A parking plan was submitted.
He said most of the work planned at the site will take place inside the building, and there were no issues with the $66,655 project.
“It's a gorgeous old late-Victorian home,” Lewis said, adding that her experience with zoning and Currey has been unbelievably easy.
Lewis said work should begin in mid-October. She plans on placing a sign in front of the building and one for parking in the back of the building.
The review must be approved by the county, as well.
The planning commission approved work for a shed and two fences, too.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Masontown woman charged with leaving infant in hot vehicle
- Candidate for sheriff drops election appeal
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority receives $47K in grant funds
- Connellsville Area Career and Technical Center students to attend post-secondary schools
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Librarian chronicles history of Fayette County executions
- Masontown woman seeks probationary program in theft case
- Serial burglar from Uniontown gets at least 9 years in prison
- $32M price tag for Fayette jail addition same as plan for new building
- Henry: Family fun, fireworks this weekend in Connellsville