Connellsville commission approves proposal for B&B
Connellsville Planning Commission approved a site review for a proposed bed and breakfast in the city's South Side.
The bed and breakfast would be located at 1131 S. Pittsburgh St. The owner is Susan Lewis.
Lewis wants to open the four-room bed and breakfast early next year. She said every room will have a private bathroom.
The owner-occupied bed and breakfast would be exactly 1 mile off the bike trail and has many glassworks inside.
Lewis said the house was once owned by the Fox Glass family. Because of the structure's history, Lewis chose the name Fox Castle Bed & Breakfast.
Tom Currey, the city's health and code enforcement officer, said the location is zoned for the business. A parking plan was submitted.
He said most of the work planned at the site will take place inside the building, and there were no issues with the $66,655 project.
“It's a gorgeous old late-Victorian home,” Lewis said, adding that her experience with zoning and Currey has been unbelievably easy.
Lewis said work should begin in mid-October. She plans on placing a sign in front of the building and one for parking in the back of the building.
The review must be approved by the county, as well.
The planning commission approved work for a shed and two fences, too.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case